Lxt or CF - does it matter?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 1, 2021
My 10u daughter uses the x19 lxt -12 (29/17) as her first higher level bat and hits it well. But I think before the spring she probably should move up to a -11. I'm considering a used x19 lxt (29/18) or a 2020 CF Zen (29/18). Is there a noticeable difference assuming both are in good condition?

Does a -11 generally provide a slightly bigger sweet spot to a -12 in the same length?

Thanks for the help to a relatively new travel softball parent.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Oct 9, 2018
Texas
LXT runs around 1 oz heavier for the same length and same drop compared to a CF Zen and the LXT is more end loaded compared to a CF Zen. I have never been able to tell the difference in sweet spots between any two bats so I can not help you with that question.

Dec 19, 2021
I don't know but whatever you choose I would see if you can get a used model. IMO (others can have a different opinion..I will still love you...well most of you..) no need to spend $400 for a bat in 10U..
True enough. In those sizes, they usually have a bunch of life left in them. Most of the damage is done by tossing them around, banging on the ground in concrete dugouts, and the dreaded "girl standing ON her bat". Good news is at 10u they arent wearing metals yet.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Both are really good bats. My kid has both (33/34 -10s) in her bag. While the CF feels a bit more balanced, that doesn't mean the LXT is "end loaded". Both are considered "balanced". I can't speak directly to the 29" versions, but both of the bigger versions have large "sweet spots". Either buy used or get a really good deal on a clearance bat for a 10U. Bought DD a used 2017 LXT in really good condition for 16U and it's still in fine shape. Don't go lighter than a -11.

Mar 20, 2019
Don't forget Wilson (parent company if both DeMarini and LS) bat day should be coming up sometime soon. Last year was the Monday before Thanksgiving. Got my DD a 33/24 LXT for like $175. As long as you don't mind last year's models it's a great time to buy.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I agree with others here. Go used, if you can find a good one. At the -11 sizes, there's no end-loaded feel to either bat. Both will swing very light and should serve your daughter well for at least a year.

Dec 1, 2021
Thanks for all the replies. Yes, definitely used. Bought her current 29/17 lxt and her previous bustos on facebook marketplace. Great price, still in great condition.

I'm sure it happens but I can't imagine many 10u players breaking or cracking bats.

Great note about the Wilson bat day. Will keep my eye open. Is that something they usually advertise?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Always a fan of used for those real small sizes. The drop11 LXT will weigh over sticker.
And while its not "written" as endload and supposed to be balanced, Just like Easton, it will swing heavier
because it is heavier...haha. The CF will be more balanced and more towards sticker weight.
The CF will have a much bigger barrel as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812