Boombah Titanium Fielders Mask?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2021
Anyone have any experience with these is so how do they compare to the Schutt or Rip-It. Wish Rip-it would make a titanium one, lighter has to be better if it is just as strong.

May 19, 2021
Wow quite the difference.

Boombah Titanium - 6.7oz
Boombah Steel - 10.4oz
Rip-It - 11.04oz

Schutt also has a titanium version advertised as 60% lighter than their steel.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Not apples to apples, but a hockey brand (Bauer) sells a titanium face cage for hockey helmets. And it's substantially lighter than traditional metal cages. I use one and have not found it to be any less protective or strong versus a traditional metal cage.

Last edited:
May 13, 2021
What about between the different brands. Boombah Schutt or Rip-it. Is any one of those more or less safe than the others.

Feb 14, 2019
Anyone have any experience with these is so how do they compare to the Schutt or Rip-It. Wish Rip-it would make a titanium one, lighter has to be better if it is just as strong.
My DD switched from a steel Rip-It to the Boombah Titanium two seasons ago and she'll never go back. It's way more comfortable and seems to give equivalent protection from the few bad hops that have come up in her face. I'd expect similar performance on a harder impact, but hopefully we never have to find out for real.

So far, her only complaint is a lack of color options...

Apr 9, 2020
we went from rip it steel which she had no complaints about to the schutt titanium few years back. she just liked the lightness of it, protection was the same we felt.. plays third and plays in(lol) and has had some concussions so she continues to play with it even at higher age. doesn't care just part of her gear..taking it to college

Nov 18, 2013
Is there any reason one would be any safer than the other.

The steel masks are safer because they have a little give to absorb the blow. The titanium masks are stronger and the full blow of the ball hitting the mask is transferred to the head resulting in a slightly higher likelihood of concussions. For most people the difference is negligible. I’d go with comfort to increase the odds the kid continues wearing the mask.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00