Beverly Bandits win Colorado Independence Day tourney...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
Wow - Oregon is getting them earlier & earlier,... and from the Midwest! (I assume Elish is from IL).

They committed a local pitcher here in WI just after her freshman year.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The girl is from Crown Point, IN, which is part of greater Chicagoland.

(1) I'm impressed that the Oregon coach could identify talent at such a young age.
(2) They did a full court press to get her...they let her go to the sidelines during a football game.
(3) I'm wondering how a 13YOA girl knows what she will want at 18YOA.

Dec 7, 2011
The girl is from Crown Point, IN, which is part of greater Chicagoland.

(1) I'm impressed that the Oregon coach could identify talent at such a young age.
(2) They did a full court press to get her...they let her go to the sidelines during a football game.
(3) I'm wondering how a 13YOA girl knows what she will want at 18YOA.

Oh that sounds like a wonderful idea - putting a 13yoa girl on the sidelines of a football game with all those football folks "doing there thing". That must have been an education for her..... ;-)

Per your #1 - I wonder if the same "to-be" Oregon pitching coach (that resides up here in WI) did the recruiting on this Chi-town IN girl...... If anybody does I think this guy DOES have these early age selection skills.

Per your #3 - Me too. I see/saw soooooooo many changes in my DD and many of her friends that this has got to be low-odds business (early age recruiting). I guess it's like putting $20 on a long-shot to win at the horse races. (minimal investment for a potential high payback)

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
There must be a clause if she gets injured right? Sounds to me like she will have an over-use injury well before her HS career is over.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I certainly didn't know what I wanted as an 8th grader, but these girls that have "it", do. I don't think it is any different than knowing that you want to be a fire fighter or nurse. Some people know their whole lives. I knew that I wanted softball by that age, it just wasn't available to me. I remember the conversation with my mom. So, she said "Well, become a teacher and see what comes."

That is what I did.

Aug 24, 2011
Wow....committing in 8th grade! She must be a beast!!

The Beverly Bandits 18U team has a pitcher that committed to the University of Washington as an eighth grader as well.

The 16U's 2016 catcher just committed to LSU. They are loaded.

Dec 20, 2012
Per your #1 - I wonder if the same "to-be" Oregon pitching coach (that resides up here in WI) did the recruiting on this Chi-town IN girl...... If anybody does I think this guy DOES have these early age selection skills.

Jimmy Kolaitis, South Alabama, will be/is the new asst. in Eugene.

Untitled.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoebeschultz