Best High School Competition

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2023
Best high school competition event I've ever attended happened to not be softball.
Yep, not softball!

It is HIGH SCHOOL RODEO !
And it included bull riding!

Perhaps because the events all included being timed didn't hear any biatching
about an Umpire = no finger pointing.
People cheered for all the contestants.
People supported the contestants that had flawed run's who still completed the task past a competitive time.
As I met different families and chatted with the contestants, the spirit of the contestants clearly supported each other.
Even from other schools they supported each Rider!
Sharing their support even though they were competing for the best time for their schools. Whoever was in the arena was the person of the moment who gained the respect of the crowd for their rodeo effort!

What an awesome event to attend! Definitely will make it a point to put it on my calendar to go watch again!
To cheer with wonderful people who use the term
"Let's Rodeo!"

🥳

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2014
USA
Love Rodeos and the whole deal. Worked our local rodeo (not specifically a HS event) for years. PRCA events (with the good stock), parades, dances and pancake breakfasts. This country could benefit from a return to cowboy ethics.

May 17, 2023
Love Rodeos and the whole deal. Worked our local rodeo (not specifically a HS event) for years. PRCA events (with the good stock), parades, dances and pancake breakfasts. This country could benefit from a return to cowboy ethics.

My experience is Cross Country has a similar atmosphere because it is just kids against the clock. My nephew runs at D1 school now and was always amazed watching his meets how positive everyone was towards all the competitors.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
My experience is Cross Country has a similar atmosphere because it is just kids against the clock. My nephew runs at D1 school now and was always amazed watching his meets how positive everyone was towards all the competitors.
And unlike timed softball I bet you never saw a kid in a cross country meet slowly re-tie their shoe to eat up the clock.

Jun 8, 2016
I guarantee there is a video out there of some cross country parent doing their best Mike Tomlin impression on some kid..

Jul 11, 2023
I didn't record it, but there was a VERY intense parent at my older DD's last meet. lol.

Jul 11, 2023
He/she do this?
She did not. It's our first go at CC spectating this year. It did get me to turn to my wife and ask if it's actually legal for me to run with her or not.

She certainly did strongly believe in her caboose of a child. I can't hate too much, as they were still running varsity at least. My caboose of a child is doing the same thing in JV.

I'm sure in some alternate universe, someone is posting negatively about me because they aren't ready for the sarcastic dialog between my DD and I as she jogs by.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
She did not. It's our first go at CC spectating this year. It did get me to turn to my wife and ask if it's actually legal for me to run with her or not.

She certainly did strongly believe in her caboose of a child. I can't hate too much, as they were still running varsity at least. My caboose of a child is doing the same thing in JV.

I'm sure in some alternate universe, someone is posting negatively about me because they aren't ready for the sarcastic dialog between my DD and I as she jogs by.
Now you've got me thinking ahead...Running with your kid would be helicopter parenting. Most parents physically can't keep up with their kids so we will see the emergence of the drone parent, which is just as it sounds. Or maybe that's already a thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles