Best balanced 2020 bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
I dont see anyone mentioning the Axe Avenge in any of these discussions. I realize they are fairly new to the market but the design is gaining widespread popularity in the baseball including MLB. My daughter used the Axe Element 33/21(Aluminum) as a 12U player and was pleased with pop and control. She now uses the 2019 Avenge 33/23 in 14U. We have not tried the 2020 Avenge but apparently they've made significant improvements in new bat, which would be impressive as the 2019 is quite lively. Would be interested to know if anyone has tried. I know that Axe has a 30 day money back guarantee but kinda hard this time of year since we live in Northeast.
Never tried Axe. The two disadvantages that come to mind right off are getting used to the funky shaped grip, and your hitting off the same surface all the time due to handle shape.
May not really have a negative impact on metal bats but I would think it would shorten the life of composite. I’m sure they say it’s reinforced on the hitting side of the bat to compensate but wouldn’t that throw off the balance?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Axe isn't "new" to the market, been around for a while. The concept of the handle has been around for quite some time
in baseball.
Reason why not too much talk is because for the most part, most feel performance is just "ok". There are some girls
that like them on here but not a ton of them.

MB, the side that gets used is made with more durability to withstand the constant hits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207