Below 1k pitching machine

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 23, 2012
I have not had luck using official softballs in the FirstPitch machine. My friend has a Jugs and comparing the two, I'd definitely go with a Jugs if possible.

Did you adjust the spacing? You will need to give a little more space for the official softballs than the pitching machine balls. After playing with the spacing a little mine threw official softballs just fine.

Oct 10, 2011
Did you adjust the spacing? You will need to give a little more space for the official softballs than the pitching machine balls. After playing with the spacing a little mine threw official softballs just fine.

Thanks, I'll try adjusting some more.

Nov 22, 2010
Somewhere in Malaysia
I bought the firstpitch baseline model last year. (Think I paid 650.00) We use this thing 3 to 4 times a week with 5+ girls each session for hours at a time. It has a 5 year warrenty and is transferable to anyone you sell it to. Two other people I know have this model also and never heard any issues from them either.

I haven't had any issues. Only thing I had to do when I got it was attach legs, sand the wheel and start throwing balls. After purchasing this one I would never spend the kind of money jugs is asking for their softball machine.

IMHO: Most poeple think that you just plug it up set speed and start throwing balls. To really get the most out of the machine you need to simulate a windmill motion with one hand while holding another ball in the other at the ball shoot and when finishing the pitch the ball in your hand that does the windmill hits the ball in your other hand puching the ball through the shoot to pitch. You need to set the horizonal set screw just thight enough so that with a little force with one hand you can adjust the machine to throw inside and outside pitches. I also change speeds in between pitches to simulate change ups. I do this when I reach down for another ball that way the batter doesn't see me do this. With doing this one thing I noticed was the girls were able to hear the wheel slowing down, so what I done was let them put a radio playing music by them so they couldn't hear the wheel speeding up or down. Once you do it a few times you will find that you can do all this very quickly without them noticing.

Hope this helped you out.

Do you use official softball with the machine or just dimple balls?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan