baseball coach hits boys with pitches, convicted of assault.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2013
A lot of baseball coaches just got nervous because I know for a fact that that happens and I've seen it. This story definitely sounds over the top from what I know of - must have been a lot harder and intense. But some guys are sweating with this story coming out.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
This story reminds me to make certain that my grandchildren know to stand up for themselves, if something just seems wrong. I wonder if the coach was picking on some kids that didn't know how to play, very well?

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
I've thrown balls at kids to get them used to getting hit. But I do it with tennis balls or whiffle balls and don't throw near full speed.

No I have hit a batter or two in practice and even in coach pitch (hangs head in shame) but they were not intentional.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Sweet Lou, We all know that you can throw 60-80, any time, you want to. (I would like to see that yokel (in the story) try to throw anywhere near 80mph.)

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
That guy had better hope he gets his jail time in isolation and not general population ... Big Bubba is going to put a hurt on him every day otherwise

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
I've tossed a ball underhand to a catchers/infielders facemask before to show them to trust their equipment (and because turning their head or pulling up their head actually exposes the neck and/or throat). Big difference between a 60mph fastball, but it does make me question my technique.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing