Avoiding hit strike

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2015
You need one of those wiffle ball strike panels...removes all controversy. Come to think of it, those could be good for MLB umps this season. Some of them have greatly "expanded" zones.

Except the strike panel doesn't exist over the plate let alone over the entirety of the plate ... kind of like, oh say, computer drawn lines on TV or electronic tracking systems actually employed by a certain professional sport.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Except the strike panel doesn't exist over the plate let alone over the entirety of the plate ... kind of like, oh say, computer drawn lines on TV or electronic tracking systems actually employed by a certain professional sport.

Well, it certainly looks like some of these guys need something. I see pitches 5-6 inches off the plate getting called strikes. That's hard to overlook when the umpire is getting $40 per game. It's really bad when they're making six figures.

Feb 15, 2017
And said sport's computer strike zone is less accurate than the human strike zone (Angel Hernandez excluded) and the TV overlay doesn't always align properly with the batter.

And for said computer systems to get close to the human accuracy requires an additional day to process the data...

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feb 15, 2017
Well, it certainly looks like some of these guys need something. I see pitches 5-6 inches off the plate getting called strikes. That's hard to overlook when the umpire is getting $40 per game. It's really bad when they're making six figures.
Is this five or six inches based on a view from an outfield camera or the actual xyz data?

Feb 15, 2017
The high/low I can see, and even laterally an inch or two off. When a pitch is 5-6 inches off, it never touched the plate. I don't even need the panel to see that.
Based off a camera angle on TV? Sorry you aren't going to see a lot of strikes called 5 and 6 inches off the plate. Eric Gregg retired years ago

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01