Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
We've had a couple of instances of people trying to use their avatars to make a political statement. We don't allow it.

Believe it or not, it is not because we are liberal or conservative or Democrat or Republican. We try to avoid controversial topics because, once we start having a general discussion about world problems, then the message board becomes one big flame war. The ultimate result will be that people stop using the board. (If people get into heated arguments about linear and rotational hitting, you can imagine what would have if we allowed discussions race, gun control, politics or microbrews.)

This is a *SOFTBALL* message board. If someone wants to make some political statement, they can find another discussion board on the Internet or they can write to their local newspaper. Or they can get involved in politics and community service.

The vast majority of the people here play nice and play by the rules. I've learned a lot from the discussions. We're just trying to keep this board a good place to discuss *SOFTBALL*.

May 10, 2010
Is there a way to keep politics out of softball in my neck of the woods? I do not know what would cause a bigger argument world politics or what position and which team little Susie is on in all stars?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Is there a way to keep politics out of softball in my neck of the woods? I do not know what would cause a bigger argument world politics or what position and which team little Susie is on in all stars?

"My neck of the woods" is a pretty big place, apparently.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Thanks Obama. (in sarcastic tone)
It's Bush's fault.
There I think I've covered the totality of the political argument so we really don't need anymore. ;)

Dec 7, 2011
OK - I have begrudgingly cleaned up my look to keep this group apolitical.

It was painful Sluggers my friend. But this IS a sb domain.

Even though I wonder if anyone really knew my avatar except for a special blessed few.... ;-)

OK, OK, I'll stop now :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoebeschultz