At some point players have to...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 13, 2020
I'll take a shot at definition ...
  1. Be self-motivated--have a goal, do the work, show up on time, etc
  2. Be honest with yourself about your skills, talent and behavior
  3. Don't let others define your self-worth
  4. Act with integrity--do the right thing even when you're swimming against the tide
To all of these things I say yes.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
You said "Be their own leader." Not lead others. Leading themselves is taking ownership and responsibility of their actions and their goals, controlling what they can control. DD used to play for the Aces Express and their motto on their shirts was "Attitude and Effort" AE. These are things that only you can control.

Now if we are talking about Leading others, that is a different conversation. Every girls can be their own leader. Every girl cannot be a leader of others. I have come to learn that leading can come down to a difference between Power and Authority. If you name a Captain of the team, they have Authority, but they may not have the Power. You may have someone that is a leader, but does not have the Authority, yet others will look to those people for leadership. If you want change, you will need to include the leaders otherwise it will go sideways because of variou factors. Because the kid is a sophmore she may not have the Authority, but she has the power.

Back to the point, everyone can lead themselves and should! Be your own Boss!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA