Asa nationals -- questions???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2013
hey so my kid has never been to asa nationals. her team was lucky to quailfy this year for 12u asa nationals. just have a few questions. how long are the pool games and bracket games? are you seeded based on pool play performance? thanks.

Jun 22, 2008
Last 2 nationals I have worked there were no time limits. It was straight 7 innings. They try to schedule games every 2 hours, but things can get behind real quick when games start running over.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Last 2 nationals I have worked there were no time limits. It was straight 7 innings. They try to schedule games every 2 hours, but things can get behind real quick when games start running over.

You know...I do believe that's right since I recall being shocked to find this out at the 2011 12U ASA Nationals in Alabama; however, I don't remember what it was for 14U Southern Nationals in Florida.

For the pool games, I did find that "In pool play, no inning shall start after 1 hour and 40 minutes (ASA Rule 5, Section 10)."

Sep 18, 2011
DD's team played 14U ASA/USA A nationals last year and all bracket games were 7 innings. For the life of me I can't remember if pool play games were timed. They probably were, but I don't think the time limit came into play. DD's team won its pool (2 games) and did receive a first round bye, but i remember thinking that for the most part the brackets were extremely random and that pool positions didn't seem to matter at all. Think it's far more important to get everyone involved in pool games than to try to win at all costs. In fact the first team we played used a different pitcher nearly every inning, and i remember thinking that that was very odd, but in retrospect, i wish we had done the same thing. Hope this helps and good luck!

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
There are restrictions on the TD as to teams from the same town/state/region, etc. that have to be worked around, so sometimes it may seem random when it may not have been initiated as such.

Sep 18, 2011
There are restrictions on the TD as to teams from the same town/state/region, etc. that have to be worked around, so sometimes it may seem random when it may not have been initiated as such.

Very true. But having said that, our second bracket game was against a team from our area that we had already played four times, and our third was against, almost unbelievably, the older 14U team in OUR SAME ORGANIZATION!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach