NC Top Gun Tournament Rules

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 27, 2024
New team this year for 14u. Two questions

If I take 11 players I want to bat them all in pool play. Since I am batting everyone, can I rotate each inning who plays positions?

Second question. Bracket play I can’t bat no more than 9? Which means I would have 2 subs to use which ever way I prefer? Can’t bat all 11?

Jun 22, 2008
That is the most screwed up set of rules I have ever seen. The claim to use NFHS rules, but then except about everything that makes them NFHS rules. And they use the NFHS DH rule, well there isnt any NFHS DH rule. But if you use the NFHS DH rule that doesnt exist you can only bat 9. I have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

Other than that, it sounds like its a free for all. Bat your lineup and put whoever you want on the field. Good luck figuring the rest of it out.

Feb 27, 2024
That is the most screwed up set of rules I have ever seen. The claim to use NFHS rules, but then except about everything that makes them NFHS rules. And they use the NFHS DH rule, well there isnt any NFHS DH rule. But if you use the NFHS DH rule that doesnt exist you can only bat 9. I have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

Other than that, it sounds like its a free for all. Bat your lineup and put whoever you want on the field. Good luck figuring the rest of it out.

Thank you for your response. I am not sure either on exact rules.

Apr 30, 2018
Bat the lineup unless you use the Dh? didn't see anything different for bracket, but who knows. We have been primarily playing Diamond Classic, but are playing a few Top Gun events this year.

What part of the state are you playing in?

Jun 11, 2013
When playing in an organization it's important that you learn the rules. Generally if you can bat everyone in pool play there is free substitution. The only thing you need to report are P and C for courtesy runners if allowed. In Bracket play in most associations you can use your subs to PR for the P and C if you like.

Feb 27, 2024
Bat the lineup unless you use the Dh? didn't see anything different for bracket, but who knows. We have been primarily playing Diamond Classic, but are playing a few Top Gun events this year.

What part of the state are you playing in?
Western and Middle North Carolina.

I think you can bat as many as you want to in bracket and pool play. Just looking to confirm with someone who has played top gun.

I want to be able rotate 4 girls in and out each inning on the field.

Apr 30, 2018
Western and Middle North Carolina.

I think you can bat as many as you want to in bracket and pool play. Just looking to confirm with someone who has played top gun.

I want to be able rotate 4 girls in and out each inning on the field.

The top gun events we are doing are Shelby and Morganton. We're 14U Diamond Classic, but with the different calendar we'll be 16U or 18u for Top Gun. Hope everything works out for you.

May 29, 2015

I tried . . . I couldn't stomach reading their rules due to several issues . . .
1.) The document is titled "1997 AAU Fall Classic."
2.) ALL CAPS . . . good grief, man.
3.) An unwieldy number of typos and outright atrocious grammar in their "rules."
4.) Are they using NFHS rules or NCFHS rules? Or High School Federation rules?

I have heard of Top Gun before, but after looking at two documents I would be running away from them. The website, the rules . . . that reeks of a summer rec league organization, and a poorly run one at that.

I kept poking on their site for fun . . . oof.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles