ASA ACE Certification

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 14, 2011
I needed it when we went to ASA states & nationals as one coach from our staff was required by ASA to be ACE certified. Other than needing it for ASA or a requirement by your local league... I'd say nothing really. Maybe if you were extremely new to coaching it might give you some information, but nothing you couldn't get from a forum like this or common sense.

Jan 17, 2013
Texas
Thank you Goinglefty, I figured there had to be some situation where they required it. Does a level 4 mean anything more than the level 1 other than you have done it longer?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Thank you Goinglefty, I figured there had to be some situation where they required it. Does a level 4 mean anything more than the level 1 other than you have done it longer?

Every year when you "re-certify" you add another level. Having an ASA card does get me into the ASA qualifiers for free as a coach!

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I needed it when we went to ASA states & nationals as one coach from our staff was required by ASA to be ACE certified. Other than needing it for ASA or a requirement by your local league... I'd say nothing really. Maybe if you were extremely new to coaching it might give you some information, but nothing you couldn't get from a forum like this or common sense.

I believe that starting this year all coaches are required to have ACE certification, and anyone in dugout such as scorekeeper must have at least the background check. Along with the luggage tag ID card you get $1M(?) in liability insurance so if one of the kids you are coaching gets hurt you get to keep your house. For the price it is well worth it. Also if you do not already have it I would strongly suggest an NFCA membership. https://nfca.org/

Apr 14, 2011
I believe that starting this year all coaches are required to have ACE certification, and anyone in dugout such as scorekeeper must have at least the background check. Along with the luggage tag ID card you get $1M(?) in liability insurance so if one of the kids you are coaching gets hurt you get to keep your house. For the price it is well worth it. Also if you do not already have it I would strongly suggest an NFCA membership. https://nfca.org/

Thanks Riseball. Yes. Everyone in the dugout needs the background check and the ID card. The ACE requirement for all would probably be new this year... stopped coaching TB last year so sort of out of the loop.

And yes coachbroker. Every year you certify you add another level. Although if you were so inclined you might be able to add all levels in one year... maybe... Not really sure what good that would do though. Maybe for a coach resume?

Mar 29, 2012
well I believe in all ASA sanctioned events at least one coach has to be ace certified and the rest a BG check.

I got my level 1 it's simple and easy.

VA Chris

Actually Read the Rules
Jun 13, 2013
Some field, Somewhere
Thanks Riseball. Yes. Everyone in the dugout needs the background check and the ID card. The ACE requirement for all would probably be new this year... stopped coaching TB last year so sort of out of the loop.

And yes coachbroker. Every year you certify you add another level. Although if you were so inclined you might be able to add all levels in one year... maybe... Not really sure what good that would do though. Maybe for a coach resume?

I looked at earning more than one level in a season and could not find a link or tab/button to click on to take a second test. Seems that you are only able to move up one level per season.

Anyone know other wise?

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
You can currently only advance one level per year. Level 4 is top level, but they say they provide new info each year to keep level 4 fresh. I'm now level 3, so don't have first hand wisdom on what or how information rotates. Information is very basic, probably best suited for coaching newbies. First year had decent stuff on keeping and using medical info that I found practical. True benefit is the background check and insurance. Background check for parents peace of mind (especially of young players) and insurance for my peace of mind.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
You can currently only advance one level per year. Level 4 is top level, but they say they provide new info each year to keep level 4 fresh. I'm now level 3, so don't have first hand wisdom on what or how information rotates. Information is very basic, probably best suited for coaching newbies. First year had decent stuff on keeping and using medical info that I found practical. True benefit is the background check and insurance. Background check for parents peace of mind (especially of young players) and insurance for my peace of mind.

When it first started I was able to get to Level III which was the top level at the time in a couple of hours. Since then I think they limit it to 1 level per year. Level IV is less about coaching and more about rules and ASA policies. But well worth the time and effort. I guess if you are Level IV certified it takes away the excuse that you didn't know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gcsurfer