Article on overbearing father

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Some of you probably have seen this, if not then it is a good read imo even if it is a fictional story and a bit over the top (the whole beer drinking thing was dumb and unnecessary..).

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2015
Ouch...

My DD is a pitcher, and she can play any other position and I'm fine. But once she gets in the circle I'm a mess. I'm Steve Martin in The Father of the Bride, flipping out over hot dog buns.

Nov 18, 2015
There's an article like that almost every issue of the Little League newsletter - the frequency of which they appear make it seem like they're focused on shaming the parents than thanking them for volunteering or signing their kids up every season. I'm not saying these situations don't exist, but at some point it becomes a "preaching to the choir" effect.

Jun 8, 2016
There's an article like that almost every issue of the Little League newsletter - the frequency of which they appear make it seem like they're focused on shaming the parents than thanking them for volunteering or signing their kids up every season. I'm not saying these situations don't exist, but at some point it becomes a "preaching to the choir" effect.
Well this is the first one I have seen since I don't subscribe to the LL newsletter.. ;)

Nov 18, 2015
I’d say consider yourself lucky if your local league isn’t an affiliate when you sign your son up. The amount of communication can be almost spam-like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
Some of you probably have seen this, if not then it is a good read imo even if it is a fictional story and a bit over the top (the whole beer drinking thing was dumb and unnecessary..).

It was a good read but the biggest fiction by far was an umpire warning a verbally abusive parent lol! Maybe I'm a little jaded though :ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

Jun 8, 2016
I’d say consider yourself lucky if your local league isn’t an affiliate when you sign your son up. The amount of communication can be almost spam-like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No local rec which he will play eventually isn't LL affiliated.

Jun 8, 2016
It was a good read but the biggest fiction by far was an umpire warning a verbally abusive parent lol! Maybe I'm a little jaded though :ROFLMAO::rolleyes:
Well the umpire was getting on the guy for complaining about a strike call..I've seen that plenty :sneaky:. Now if the umpire was getting on somebody sitting in LF complaining to himself that his DD's 3rd base coach kept sending runners from second to third with 2 outs resulting in them making the third out at third base not once, not twice but three times in one game, that would be a first. Not that I know anybody who does that...

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Oh, dear. I had a player and he was a SS. This was his dad, exactly. He had a shirt, that said “I don’t need meetings. A six pack is my support group.”
He drank alcohol out of his water bottle. He abused his wife, until they divorced. He, too, had been an athlete. His son was very good.
I had to call the park police, once because he was so drunk.
He died of liver failure, at age 45.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1