Anyone know anything about the Rip-It Reaper? (not the light)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
DD is enjoying the RT I got for her this year. It is a step up in weight & length from last year. She is having really good outcomes in HS right now but I am a bit concerned about what we'll see nationally later on this summer. We saw a really good drop-baller throwing 60mph the other day and DD had trouble getting the bat "down there".

I am thinking that maybe the Rip-it Reaper might be a better compromise. It is still end-loaded but it's 1oz lighter than the RT.

What y'all think? Is 1oz difference really mean anything on two bats that are both 34" and both End-Loaded ?

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
DD is enjoying the RT I got for her this year. It is a step up in weight & length from last year. She is having really good outcomes in HS right now but I am a bit concerned about what we'll see nationally later on this summer. We saw a really good drop-baller throwing 60mph the other day and DD had trouble getting the bat "down there".

I am thinking that maybe the Rip-it Reaper might be a better compromise. It is still end-loaded but it's 1oz lighter than the RT.

What y'all think? Is 1oz difference really mean anything on two bats that are both 34" and both End-Loaded ?

I think you'll find the Reaper to be more than 1 oz lighter than the 34" RT (although its a 25 oz swing weight, it probably weighs 27+ oz) and the swing feel will be quite different so try to borrow one before you buy one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes