Anyone have thoughts on this Twitter thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
Yes NC State will still suck this year because they have neither… a kid throwing 70+ or true spin pitchers… have fun going 15-21 again in the ACC - remember it’s all about that Homerun and throw the ball past kids mindset!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Side note Randi Farricker NC State player was one of my HS players. Great kid and the hardest worker I’ve ever been blessed to coach. Kid can rake.

Oct 26, 2019
In current news - “water is wet”.

Of course throwing harder is better. Yes 72 is better than 67, which is better than 62. Bringing up Cat Osterman is like the baseball version of when dads with sons who throw slow bring up Greg Maddux. Sorry sir, but your son is not Greg Maddux.

May 20, 2015
I read a bit more of his twitter account - he has some, um, interesting takes - some of which sound all wet, some of his analytic work isn't horrible, although it isn't game redefining as he'd like to proclaim.......it's just his smarmy "I'm right and you're all wrong, I can't believe you think like that" attitude that seems to drip from most of his posts that really turns me off......ANY chance of having something that I might at least consider is lost

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Do you think teams would wait more for a slow pitch if this is the case or wait more for the pitcher to make a mistake to punish?
Good question.
That answer is really a combination of things like what other pitches and control of pitch location the pitcher has. Analyzing and recognizing what type of batter it is to handle making adjustments.
And/or recognizing what location would be best to attack the batter with.

As for mistakes...
Both pitchers and batters can make mistakes.
But i would not rely on either of those at the highest level.
Simply because of the prepairedness of the talent level.

It was noted elite pitchers do throw at different speeds which imo is a requirement because it messes with the timing of batters.

Having caught for elite pitchers that threw Spin and junk and also pitchers that threw heat 70+ with some movement.

Both types use off-speed/change!

Control is the game changer.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs