Any reviews on 2013 Easton FX1?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 16, 2014
Just picked up a 2013 Easton FP13X1 (33/24) off of craigslist for $75. Its in very mint condition and guy said only used in 2 games, not a ball mark on it and wasnt cleaned.

My DD has been swinging a 32" 04 and 05 Rockettechs for the last year. Kid has been plenty strong enough to handle those bats and her gamer 04 RT weighs 25.6oz on the scales. She has been hitting HRs in BP but game time comes around she blasts grounders and liners out of the IF.

FX1 weighs 24.6 but my only worry is that its very endloaded. She hit about 50 off tee last night in the basement. Says she really likes the feel of the swing, has to get use to the sound but is willing to put down the RT.

IMO - I think she is plenty strong enough to handle the endload. Like any new bat needs couple hundred swings to "love" it. RT is awesome but tiny sweetspot and it is 1" shorter, no forgiveness. When she hits HS, this year, I really dont want her stuck to the RT.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
DD pounded one over the fence before it was broken in. It's a beast of a bat! We use it now in batting practice and the girls really love it. One warning.... I you dd isn't use to end-loaded bat, I would stress keeping the hands higher though the swing.

Oct 10, 2011
Great buy

That's a great buy. DD got thousands of swings off hers before it cracked. It was on fire though before it went.

Nov 30, 2013
Like Doug says......It is a beast.Daughter has both 2013 & 2014 FX1s and has used them tons in practice.Both bats have plenty of pop and unlike other reviews I have read which state they need a break in period ,DDs 2013 & 2014s were hot out of the wrapper.She has the 33" 24oz bats.The only problem is she hasn't used them in a game because she loves her MAKO and for now will not use her FX1s in a game.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2014
DD didnt do too bad with the bat this weekend. Her mishits were a lot better than her RT. She is having problem with getting air under her hits in games. She had few grounders that blew past IFs and and OFs. Bats got some pop to it.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
My DD (15) used the FX1 for the high school season before switching to the LXT -9 when travel started up. She likes the LXT much, much better. She went from a 32/23 FX1 to a 33/24 LXT and the weights are comparable.

The FX1 was a warranty replacement for a Stealth -9 that cracked, but the FX1 never came close to the performance of the old Stealth. Always sounded "dead" to my ears by comparison.

butcher-boy

old school
Jul 10, 2013
ARIZONA
I have been thinking about replacing an RT with the Easton FX series. What are the pro's and/or con's of the FX-1 two piece vs the FX-2
single piece.

Jun 16, 2014
I have been thinking about replacing an RT with the Easton FX series. What are the pro's and/or con's of the FX-1 two piece vs the FX-2
single piece.
1 has the cxn piece in it which reduces vibration in the handle. 1 is endload version. There is a lil more flex in handle/cxn in the 1 versus the 2.

Good bat for a power hitter with a clean swing.
Are you saying it's more pronouncedly endloaded than a Rocketech? I'd be surprised to hear that.
IMO - the older RTs arent technically endloaded, they have almost an 3 inches of black foam in the knob/handle which gives false sense of endload. But this is just my opinion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish