last question on bats...pulling trigger today

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
My DD is torn between the Miken Freak fx700 (one piece bat) 33/23 cf5 (two piece) or Easton Synergy Speed (one piece) Sorry XENO lovers...for some reason she doesn't like it. We Want to buy today.
Very Strong girl with mainly upper body swing (but we are working hard on that)
Likes the miken looks the best and has had a miken rain light, loved it and liked how the bat doesn't scratch as much (but realizes this is a minor issue) Been told one piece is better for strong hitters. We don't have a way to swing one around here. Miken has treated us well with customer service in the past.
Has swung the CF5 and says it feels light (which she likes) and has seen her team mate who is tiny crush the ball with it (she does have better mechanics though:(
Coach says he prefers the Easton but she has never swung one.
Anything to tip the scales?

Jan 24, 2011
I know for sure that both the CF5 and Easton Synergy are really good bats (CF5 swings a bit lighter). As far as the Miken , I cant speak as to the quality , but I havent seen one single girl use these in any HS games or 14u tournaments.

Oct 10, 2011
I know for sure that both the CF5 and Easton Synergy are really good bats (CF5 swings a bit lighter). As far as the Miken , I cant speak as to the quality , but I havent seen one single girl use these in any HS games or 14u tournaments.

Thanks Cyclone. I turned on the t.v yesterday and saw the Maryland Terps using it in thier game (Freak). I'm going to go pick up the CF5 since I've heard it swings lighter as you said and then go heavier as her mechanics improve.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Lots of pro fastpitch women use the Freak. Slowpitch men swear by Miken. Finally, search, there are several post about cf5 dying early and quickly.

Oct 10, 2011
Too late LOL. Hopefully it will last this year with a very heavy travel schedule through November. Then I'll have her move to a drop -9 when she's back with her personal trainer.

Jan 24, 2011
Too late LOL. Hopefully it will last this year with a very heavy travel schedule through November. Then I'll have her move to a drop -9 when she's back with her personal trainer.

My DD has been using it for almost a year now (school ball and travel). Still has the same pop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes