Ankle ligament reconstruction surgery

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
My daughter (15yo) had ankle surgery 3 weeks ago. She had all 3 ligaments on the outside of her ankle tightened, plus high ankle. She also had a bone fragment and lots of scar tissue removed on both sides with a scope, and also had her tendon cut open and fixed. She is a pitcher and 1st baseman, power hitter who also plays volleyball and swims. Looking for anyone who has gone through a similar experience. She had a splint and crutches for 2 wks, has a cast that she can walk in for 3 wks, then has a boot for 3 wks. Total recovery is 3-4 months.
thanks,
tim
No experience with that. However my wife is a PT and she herself has required foot surgery in the past. The advice I have is when the doc says full weight bearing he does not mean unlimited activity. He means she can walk on it. Might still hurt but walking won’t damage it further. Recover of 3-4 months might mean 6 months before she can pitch and play volleyball.

May 19, 2024
Follow up question- any advice for tryouts? She won’t be able to do much, maybe throwing, pitching snaps, and grounders from knees. Looking at a level teams, not sure the best way to get her on a good team. (current team is moving up)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiffanym