Amy- Total Control Sports Ball question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
Yes! That is true...advise everyone not to try to stop the ball with body parts just because it's not going far. It does hurt and can cause nasty bruises! Hurt to catch with your hands sometimes if they hit it well so may want to use gloves when shagging.

I'll second that! I saw one sailing past me once and without thinking, I stuck out my leg to block it in the air. --Took it on the inside of my knee. It hurt like the dickens and gave me an impressive bruise.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I took them to my lessons, this evening. I saw no advantage to hitting the TCB balls off of the tee. They went just as far as a whiffle ball.

So, I will use the balls for front toss and for beginning throwing drills. I can use the small ones at a hitting station with a Thunder Stick.

Nov 1, 2009
We have both the smaller ones and the large balls. The large balls are really heavy and I didn't really like them too much. The smaller were great though. The don't fly to far and they are still a lot of weight to propel through the air. I would recommend them for pregame and station at practice.

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
Are the larger hole balls heavier than a traditional wiffle ball?. Which is the better ball for front toss without a screen; bigger size hole ball or smaller size TCB ball?

Thanks.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
I use both without a screen. The whiffle balls weigh about what a whiffle ball would weigh , but they make it out of the same material that the weighted balls are and they will not break. 1 year warranity. I was replacing whiffle balls like crazy during the summer, with 3 teams using them. The weighted balls can be used without a screen. We use them as a pre game warm up . Just as others have posted they do go farther than you think, but will roll . Just don't have kids try to catch them. They do now have a small golf ball whiffle, for those that use them. Made of the same material. I like the weighted balls to teach slapping. Forces the kids to keep the bat at contact longer.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Weephyt, did you see post 20? I compared all of the balls, there.

Both sizes of the holey balls travel just like a traditional whiffle ball. So, those are going to be all over the field, without a net. I prefer
the original, small weighted ball for front toss. But, if little girls are into seeing how far they can hit, make a game of it, with the holey balls.

Jun 21, 2010
Glad I opened this thread. There are times I'd like to go practice with my kids and not bring the instant backstop. Ordered a dozen.

Oct 19, 2009
Any concerns about these affecting bat warranties? I see that they weigh approx 2.5 times a normal softball.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06