All-Star PHX Catcher's Gear

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 12, 2024
I'm looking to buy my daughter new catcher's gear and we decided on Paige Halstead PHX. We live in Central Texas and are wanting to know if there is a local place we can try on the gear before purchasing or if we just have to measure carefully and hope for the best?
Has anyone had to make returns for sizing, and if so, how did it go?
Lastly, are there any coupons or deals out there to be had? This will be a large expense for us.
Thank you!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I'm looking to buy my daughter new catcher's gear and we decided on Paige Halstead PHX. We live in Central Texas and are wanting to know if there is a local place we can try on the gear before purchasing or if we just have to measure carefully and hope for the best?
Has anyone had to make returns for sizing, and if so, how did it go?
Lastly, are there any coupons or deals out there to be had? This will be a large expense for us.
Thank you!
I sell All-Star gear. The PHX is relatively new, so the pricing isn't as good as it is on the AFX sets.

The All-Star website has a sizing guide so you can measure for fit, but it won't always be perfect. If you can find a local place that lets you try them on first, that would be ideal, but they're not that easy to find.

If you need individual pieces, I have a discount code, but my set pricing will definitely be a better value.

Jun 26, 2014
Seguin, TX
We had to piece it together as the sizes didn't all match up, so weren't able to use any codes. My daughter loves it. She is 16 and has used all star gear since she was 9. This gear is the best. The helmet has some really cool technology built in for concussion protection. It's been worth every penny we spent. And it was a lot of pennies!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
We had to piece it together as the sizes didn't all match up, so weren't able to use any codes. My daughter loves it. She is 16 and has used all star gear since she was 9. This gear is the best. The helmet has some really cool technology built in for concussion protection. It's been worth every penny we spent. And it was a lot of pennies!
The set retails for $600, but when you buy the pieces individually, they're always more expensive.

My daughter loves her set, too. She switched from the Jen Schro gear, and she says the PHX is much better.

Aug 12, 2024
Thank you all for your replies. I was able to find a warehouse in Waco that had all the gear in stock. Funny enough, my daughter went with the PHX legs, AFX helmet, and Jen Shro chest. It's a good thing we tried everything on in person! For anyone looking, the measurements online did not match what we ended up buying for the PHX legs so we would have ended up with the wrong size.

Jun 4, 2024
Earth
Thank you all for your replies. I was able to find a warehouse in Waco that had all the gear in stock. Funny enough, my daughter went with the PHX legs, AFX helmet, and Jen Shro chest. It's a good thing we tried everything on in person! For anyone looking, the measurements online did not match what we ended up buying for the PHX legs so we would have ended up with the wrong size.
Good feedback!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiffanym