A testament to never give up.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Well you just never know. This weekend's HS tourney was a wild ride. 2 pool games on Friday, first one was going to be a close game and we lost 0-1. Second pool should have been a blowout ( our favor ) and we lost 2-4. Third pool we lost 1-5.

For pool we gave up 10 runs and scored 3. ( cough cough )

So I'm debating if I should even stay for the brackets ( I don't handle losing well ) and since I already couldn't sleep last night and was tired. But somehow I found the strength to stay.

We started the brackets dead last in seeding. ( this part is not a brag ) Last time I can even remember us being dead last was a tourney in 10u. To get dead last, you gotta do almost everything.............wrong.

We had to play in the "play in" game against the second to last in pool. Heck, the way we were playing I figured we were toast and we'd be "one and done".

BING BANG BOOM, I still have no idea what happened but we came out fighting. Looked like a totally different team than the 3 games before.

So we won that one, won the next, next, next, and unbelievable we were in the championship game. ( single elimination )

And after a hard fought champ game, we won the tourney. I was speechless. They never gave up, even though I had written this tourney off after going 0-3 in pools. ( shame on me )

In brackets we scored 35 runs and gave up 3.

Very proud of the girls, and they taught me a lesson.

175e243428101bac114e15afc0fd3091_zpsca00a170.jpg
[/IMG]

e0d998d66231558f8924caaae9658739_zps3342b6b5.jpg
[/IMG]

My senior girls. :)

5c6b6f201fd6e968c26ffece788b8b37_zpsa4f933ac.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
They just wanted to play the maximum number of games and get their money's worth (and drive their coaches and parents crazy). Mission accomplished. Congrats!

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Awesome job girls! How is your DD doing in the circle? Has her chin recovered?

In the circle she seems really close to normal. Each game you can tell she is "stepping" in the right direction. The chin seems fine, she says it hurts to push on a certain spot, I told her "well quit pushing on THAT SPOT and it won't hurt" duh :).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl