a positive HS ball brag

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2015
my two eldest finished their HS season a few weeks back......went 19-0 and won their 2nd straight Maine Class C title.....the team was full of girls I coached in rec, travel & school ball......I think I directly coached 8 of 9 starters, some of them for 6 years of travel......the team had 3 sets of sisters in the starting line up, and just had a great run (DD #2 could continue the run next year, as despite losing 5 starters, they return her as C and both starting pitchers, along with a solid freshman class this past year).

Lots of love from the local papers....

watching my eldest and two girls that had been teammates that had been together since they were 7 celebrate the title was pretty magical, her little sister went 3-4 in the championship game, the parade through town when we got back......it was everything you want school ball to be.....even made up for the fact that my eldest broke her index finger on her throwing hand in warmups for regionals on a bad hop lol (she played through it, played well, but we went through a lot of tape, on for defense, off to hit haha

Mar 8, 2016
Thanks for posting this. Glad things went well. For most girls playing softball, HS is the culmination of their athletic career. Having an ending like this is great. There are some bad HS softball experiences but in general I think the majority of the time it is positive for the girls playing the sport.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying