9yo DD Game Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
rhc, I see what you mean and I like it. FFS had this bumped up for this reason I'm guessing. I didn't want to overwelm the dad but, see what the Sandy storm did. Maybe others we find this helpful?

Just wrapping up some unfinished business.

No worries Batdragon, there is proof of only 1 girl ever swinging like this. Hoping she's not the last.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Just wrapping up some unfinished business.No worries Batdragon, there is proof of only 1 girl ever swinging like this. Hoping she's not the last.
I got that after your thread got derailed (High Level Female Swing) probably my fault, sorry about that.
there is proof of only 1 girl ever swinging like this. Thanks for complimenting my DD we work hard at her...... I joke HAHA.
If I knew what I know now or think I know my DS would still be playing. I coach may DD like I coached my DS(but with a better plan). I see my DD as a "hitter" not a softball or baseball hitter but, a hitter and coach and train her to be a "hitter".

Mar 14, 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess this is a team that played my DD's team, and that I remember a couple of the hitters from the sqaud. I am probably dead wrong on all of this. But if it's the team and the girls I am thinking of, they are fantastic 9yr hitters. In any case the video speaks for itself, this is a swing that is very advanced for the age, and yes it will scale.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I got that after your thread got derailed (High Level Female Swing) probably my fault, sorry about that.
there is proof of only 1 girl ever swinging like this. Thanks for complimenting my DD we work hard at her...... I joke HAHA.
If I knew what I know now or think I know my DS would still be playing. I coach may DD like I coached my DS(but with a better plan). I see my DD as a "hitter" not a softball or baseball hitter but, a hitter and coach and train her to be a "hitter".

Yeah, I know you thought it was clever, but those names you called me really did hurt.

Haha

Your a good man, and you and I have joked about being morons, but you are one of the smartest people on here.

You have friends in every corner of this site. You can take criticism without offense. You can question, and correct others without causing hard feelings. You know when to step out of a post and the best time to give input.

Sorry to give up your secret! But you are much wiser than you want people to believe!

Oh and your membership to our moron club is revoked!

Oh alright, but your on probation.

Oct 26, 2012
Thanks rdbass. I asked her last night why she didn't coil in games and she said she felt a little rushed when facing faster pitching like I expected. I like the "slow to load, then explode" concept, you mentioned. That seemed to click with her well. She took about 50 dry cuts last night focusing on coiling/loading and raising her back humerus during the stride. This definitely seemed to remove the slight bat drag since her hips were opening while her back shoulder/humerus was going back & up during her stride. It looked really good to me. She told me she felt more powerful and the swing seemed to even stay on plane longer.

Yes my DD is 9yo and having fun. Nearly everyday she calls me up at work asking when I will be home so I can pitch to her. I have to force her to take time off from hitting. She has fun doing things she is good at and she wants to get better. She is into math and physics, so she likes learning about the different ways to make her swing quicker and more powerful. I figured if I can get her swing 95% down before she becomes a stubborn teenager she should be alright.

Thx for your help,
BatDragon.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Just to be clear. That is not me. The only 6 pack I have has beer in it. I was referring to the hockey stick cord thingy in his hands. I'm picturing a bat. Again have to think this out a little more. Us "morons" think slow.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Thanks rdbass. I asked her last night why she didn't coil in games and she said she felt a little rushed when facing faster pitching like I expected. I like the "slow to load, then explode" concept, you mentioned. That seemed to click with her well. She took about 50 dry cuts last night focusing on coiling/loading and raising her back humerus during the stride. This definitely seemed to remove the slight bat drag since her hips were opening while her back shoulder/humerus was going back & up during her stride. It looked really good to me. She told me she felt more powerful and the swing seemed to even stay on plane longer.

Yes my DD is 9yo and having fun. Nearly everyday she calls me up at work asking when I will be home so I can pitch to her. I have to force her to take time off from hitting. She has fun doing things she is good at and she wants to get better. She is into math and physics, so she likes learning about the different ways to make her swing quicker and more powerful. I figured if I can get her swing 95% down before she becomes a stubborn teenager she should be alright.

Thx for your help,
BatDragon.

I made the remark on "having fun" because, I hate to pick apart a 9yo swing. Seem posters say to just let them have fun at that age and I agree. At some point your DD will be older and may not still hit the ball and then softball is not fun any more. You wanted more help" and I like that so I gave more info. Don't forget forward by coil and feel the forward part from the rear side/leg.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
I would suggest anyone teaching hitting read the book " The Talent Code" our Matrix drills are based on this research. Sent you a PM on teaching coil, based on the above drill for someone that age, since we work with many kids that are very young.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207