9yo DD Game Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
RHC,
I was looking at this very video today. Either drill (?)
batdragon, Your DD does alot right. I try and make comments depending on the age. Your DD looks good, needs to progress because, yes the pitching will get better. I would do like SBfamily suggested work/fix 1 thing at a time.(not saying this like she has alot to fix now) Work on her bottom half first. Get her coiling, more so "forward by coil". Remember your DD is 9yo have fun.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
n67q6d.jpg

210f195.jpg

2jfk84n.jpg

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Just reading that too RD.

Non techy summary: Just look at the middle gif, it is i
n all 3, but easy to see in the middle gif. His elbow works up and his humerus back by scrunthing his back/scap/upper lats. Then his elbow works down in to slot position, BUT notice his top hand "facing the pitcher"; it is resisting the turn. Resistance is released, hands pivot/swivel around. The launch is fired! Fired behind the hitter.
This is the mlb swing!

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.

n all 3, but easy to see in the middle gif. His elbow works up and his humerus back by scrunthing his back/scap/upper lats. Then his elbow works down in to slot position, BUT notice his top hand "facing the pitcher"; it is resisting the turn. Resistance is released, hands pivot/swivel around. The launch is fired! Fired behind the hitter.
This is the mlb swing!

I think FFS speaks without speaking. He is a wise man.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009

FIRE ^^

2yuksjm.gif
210f195.jpg

Look at the young man. Look when he is scrunching his back, PULLING back into load, bringing his humerus back and up. It is coming back as his lower half is moving forward/rotating. STRETCH (of the SnF)
This is the mlb swing!

That boy has a great swing.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
rhc, I see what you mean and I like it. FFS had this bumped up for this reason I'm guessing. I didn't want to overwelm the dad but, see what the Sandy storm did. Maybe others we find this helpful?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207