9 yr old pitching. Suggestions..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 1, 2013
Wooster Mass
looks like an H/E tack on finish, useless but not actually pitching with a stiff arm. Can't really tell from the angle, but I doubt she is going to throw the way she throws with many flaws in the circle.

Thought the same thing , she throws it well but doesn't look like 45 mph. hard to tell. I agree I think you would need a side view as others suggest. Look like a stud just in her mannerisms and the way she catches the ball and everything.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
In the original poster's original post he asked, "Any suggestions on her form, footwork ,etc?"

Giving suggestions to improve her mechanics is throwing daggers???

P.S., I think she throws pretty darned well for her age! There's lots of time to fine-tune!

Dec 1, 2013
Wooster Mass
Let's not throw daggers at a young lady and give her an affliction she does not have. She is doing excellent. If she has HE, then Ty Stofflet (in the still) has HE, and he doesn't.

If you are referring to me. I was complimentary. When I post a video on here of my dd I get daggers if that's what you wanna call it. I don't care, if it makes her better than Lets Go! Im not being critical. She looks good. I just think she is throwing with HE. Imagine how good she could be? And as for the 45 mph comment. It just doesn't look 45 mph to me. No big deal , maybe she is maybe she isn't!

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
If you are referring to me. I was complimentary. When I post a video on here of my dd I get daggers if that's what you wanna call it. I don't care, if it makes her better than Lets Go! Im not being critical. She looks good. I just think she is throwing with HE. Imagine how good she could be? And as for the 45 mph comment. It just doesn't look 45 mph to me. No big deal , maybe she is maybe she isn't!

HOF- H/E has the implication that it goes along with a stiff arm bowling type of delivery, that is definitely not the case here. Just because she has a finish move with her elbow pointing towards the catcher does not mean she is using the motion of what is called H/E. This is where terminology starts breaking down and causing confusion.

Dec 1, 2013
Wooster Mass
Yes I agree JJ, This is why I said it looks like HE FINISH! And I bolded and agreed with your assumption that there cant be too much wrong there throwing the way she does!

Just because she finished high and palm up doesn't mean her circle is stiff and straight!

Id be interested in seeing a side view for sure!

Oct 2, 2012
on the Field
I can vouch that this young lady is a fantastic pitcher. She pitches out of the same TB organization as my daughter (not on the same team however) and is one of the most accurate 10U pitchers in our area. I personally clocked her this summer and that 45 mph is no fluke and she has an accurate change-up to go with it. I have never really paid too much attention to her mechanics. However, I can tell you that most pitching coaches around here teach HE. I think she is very similar to my daughter just based on watching her pitch that sometimes you get the HE follow-through, but there is quite a bit of whip being generated at release with a slightly bent arm.

Dec 1, 2013
Wooster Mass
I can vouch that this young lady is a fantastic pitcher. She pitches out of the same TB organization as my daughter (not on the same team however) and is one of the most accurate 10U pitchers in our area. I personally clocked her this summer and that 45 mph is no fluke and she has an accurate change-up to go with it. I have never really paid too much attention to her mechanics. However, I can tell you that most pitching coaches around here teach HE. I think she is very similar to my daughter just based on watching her pitch that sometimes you get the HE follow-through, but there is quite a bit of whip being generated at release with a slightly bent arm.

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I think I'm missing something here. Was there serious head-butting among the pitching titans on this board and OILF sometime in the past, before I joined??? There seems to be some sort of history to this friction (or animosity). Anyone care to bring us newer members of this forum up-to-snuff?

Feb 7, 2013
I think I'm missing something here. Was there serious head-butting among the pitching titans on this board and OILF sometime in the past, before I joined??? There seems to be some sort of history to this friction (or animosity). Anyone care to bring us newer members of this forum up-to-snuff?

Screwball's posts may shed some light on the issue...?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl