6U Team Rules and Expectations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Rules and expectations???

Come and let's have some fun. Maybe first start working with them four at a time, or with lots of parental help, but not any pressure on them.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Are there umpires and a score for 6u games? I would hope parents would be able to control themselves at this type of game.....but then again you never know! Good luck

Not only are there umpires and scoring in some parts, I managed to get myself ejected (albeit temporarily) from a 6U T-Ball game.

Many moons ago, we were playing a team that really had no business playing rec league T-ball, and one freakishly large kid hit a very hard line drive straight at my oblivious 3B. We were allowed to stand on the field at that age. I had seen this kid hit before, saw her position to pull the ball, and I stepped up and made a barehanded catch of that liner three feet in front of my player. It hit my hands with a sound that could be heard all over the field. I tossed it back to Home, and said "great hit". From the reaction of that team's parents, you would have thought I'd dropped my pants in the middle of the infield.

The ump asked me what I was doing, and I replied "protecting my player...give the kid a HR". He said if I didn't promise to not touch another ball, then I needed get off the field. I calmly refused to make that promise, and was ejected for the rest of the inning. Apparently, he thought about it some more, because he reinstated me for my team's next at-bat without condition.

I've had a few spirited discussions with umpires since then, but that was the ONLY time I've ever been thrown out of a ball game.

Sep 18, 2011
Make sure that every player understands that sprinkles are for winners.

Sorry. I never tire of that one.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
One of my favorite recollections of a 6U "game" was when one of my DDs walked up to and tugged on the sleeve of her heavily muscled and tattooed 6'4" ex-marine coach and smilingly informed him "I'm going to take a little break now" before happily wandering off to pick flowers while wearing her puffy pink jacket and matching shiny pink sneakers. And this transpires while my DS and other DD are are wrestling with each other to pick up a slow roller that has already rolled through 2 other sets of legs. Not surprisingly, the one that eventually got that ball is still playing today.

Best advice I can give for this age is to have out only ONE bat, and that bat should be held by an adult until it is confirmed that it is safe to swing each and every swing.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Make sure that every player understands that sprinkles are for winners.

But *sprinklers* are great for learning to slide.

I was coaching, and my rightfielder started running around in circles and swatting her hair. She said was being chased by a bee.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes