23u?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
He might not be wrong. She is fast for her size, but not fast compared to the two he took. If she gets her bat going though, he might change her mind because she is 5'6 and can hit 300 feet:) Her ankle is getting better and it's early...no real games until the end of the month. He said she would have to be significantly better than the juniors for him to justify it to the parents. At this point, The other two are the best on the team, period.

OK... will the other 2 be on the 23u team too ? I think I would still forget the 23u and work on hitting & Speed and agility... thats just me...I don't catch on real fast either... :{))

Oct 10, 2011
They won't be on the team. One is on a very good 18u gold team and the other is on a break but probably will be on the gold team soon. DD worked with a trainer all winter on speed etc... She could snap them in two if she caught them lol! She is starting a boxing class also which should help after HS ball ends. (my past love)

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Boxing... me too. I get DD into some Karate too. I'm looking into starting a kinda hand ball league, just for DD and here friends, for cross training. DD is 3-4 fastest on her team, so I passed on the speed and Agility lessons. So then they stuck her to batting 4th, to sell me some batting lessons on machines... lol passed on it too. DD is starting to figure out, that when she learns anything is all me... HaHa... But really she is starting to see lots of confusion, and don't like it.

Oct 10, 2011
He might not be wrong. She is fast for her size, but not fast compared to the two he took. If she gets her bat going though, he might change her mind because she is 5'6 and can hit 300 feet:) Her ankle is getting better and it's early...no real games until the end of the month. He said she would have to be significantly better than the juniors for him to justify it to the parents. At this point, The other two are the best on the team, period.

I meant to say 5'4" and can hit 300 feet from RB's post:)

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
They almost always play Utrip, but maybe the other teams don't.

In USSSA you have to be at least 17 to play 18 & Over.

CLASSIFICATIONS AND AGE REQUIREMENTS
Sec 1. THE YOUTH FAST PITCH PROGRAM WILL BE DIVIDED INTO
THE FOLLOWING CLASSIFICATIONS. A player’s age on December
31, of the previous calendar year determines the age classification in which the
player is eligible to participate. Any player 17, or who reaches their 17th
birthday, or who graduates from High School in the calendar year of the
current World Series
, shall be eligible to participate in the Adult Open World
Series Tournament.

Sec 4. Restrictions
A. Any player can play in a higher classification, but cannot play in a
lower classification. Exception: This does not apply to the 18 & Over
Division; a player cannot play up in this division unless they meet the
criteria in Section 1.

Members online

Forum statistics