2014 Xeno vs 2014 CF6

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2013
My daughter is looking to buy one of these bats but can't decide. She has never used a high end bat.

Jan 8, 2013
South Carolina
I cannot comment of the 2014 models...currently my DD is using a 2013 CF5 Insane. It is a good bat and gets a lot of use. One of the girls on her team let her use her 2013 Xeno during a tournament last weekend and this weekend. Now DD is begging for the 2014 Xeno.

I have to admit the ball really comes off the Xeno. Maybe it is my imagination, but I felt like DD got a few more hits the past two weekends simply because the ball comes of the Xeno so hard it was in the gap before the infielder could make a play on the ball. I don't think you can lose with either choice, but the Xeno just seems to be really hot so we are going to switch for now.

Jan 24, 2009
My daughter is looking to buy one of these bats but can't decide. She has never used a high end bat.

Camaro or mustang.

Both perform well. Both come with warranty.

In the tournaments around here (Midwest), CF5/6 is very popular through 12u, but fairly rare at 14,16,18u.
We see some Xenos in 10/12, even more in the older ages.

Buy whichever she thinks will make her a better hitter ;)

Jan 25, 2011
CF6 is a better quality bat. Demarini, Miken and Anderson, one of my dd's favorite is a Rocketech, and CF6 insane is her other favorite. Xeno has a quality issue. IMO

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I have girls on my team that have both of these bats. The purple xeno is just OK in my opinion. It has a lot of pop but lacks the boom. The cf6 lacks the softer pop hits but if the sweet spot if found, it does offer the boom. Depending on your DD's size and batting style (power or contact?) Contact hitter get the xeno. Power hitter get the cf

Dec 7, 2011
Camaro or mustang.

Both perform well. Both come with warranty.

Agree - but I bet ya use the warrantly allot more with Xeno.....

In the tournaments around here (Midwest), CF5/6 is very popular through 12u, but fairly rare at 14,16,18u.
We see some Xenos in 10/12, even more in the older ages.

Disagree - we must be at totally different tourneys in the midwest....(CF rare?!?!?)
I see about 50/50 Xeno .vs. CF in 16U with Easton/Anderson coming in third/fourth.

Buy whichever she thinks will make her a better hitter ;)

Totally agree

Jan 8, 2013
South Carolina
I have girls on my team that have both of these bats. The purple xeno is just OK in my opinion. It has a lot of pop but lacks the boom. The cf6 lacks the softer pop hits but if the sweet spot if found, it does offer the boom. Depending on your DD's size and batting style (power or contact?) Contact hitter get the xeno. Power hitter get the cf

Never thought about it before, but what you say matches up with what I see. My DD is a contact hitter....likes the Xeno. A friend on her team is a power hitter and uses CF6 and can put it to the fence when she hits it.

Apr 25, 2010
My 14yo LOVES her Xeno. She has been using it since January. In practice, in games, in the cold, and in the cage. It is still going strong and she is our #3 hitter. Lots of pop.

Jan 25, 2011
If this is going to be your first high end bat, then don't buy a xeno. You want the truth, they are junk and are no better then other high end bats. The only thing that make the other high end bats better is they don't have quality issues.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan