2013 Worth 454 33/24 (drop 9) - Pretty dang hot bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
DD got her new bat today, and had batting practice tonight. That bat is HOT. She went five long rounds of hitting and didn't want to stop. :) She has a tournament this weekend, so I will update this thread then. But for now, she loves the feel of it, no sting...and the pop is awesome.

Disclaimer: the person swinging the bat makes it more awesome. :rolleyes:

Dec 11, 2010
DD is loving her Rockettech's but drop 9 composites really catch my interest as a possibility for the dog days of summer.

Is it one piece?

What was she swinging before?

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
DD is loving her Rockettech's but drop 9 composites really catch my interest as a possibility for the dog days of summer.

Is it one piece?

What was she swinging before?

Yes, it's a one-piece. She broke her Xeno, and the replacement won't come in until end of April/beginning of May. The Xeno was her first 2-piece bat and also slightly end-loaded. We have been eyeing this bat for a while because it is balanced, and DD really liked the feel of it. She came up a little high on some pitches but made the right adjustments immediately.

FWIW, she got the Xeno last November, and had a one piece Easton Synergy Speed (I think? It's the turquoise/white bat) but it was drop 10, and she swung it like it was a match stick hence the move to drop 9. Does that answer your questions? :)

Sep 18, 2011
Anyone know if these -9 454s run true to weight or are they heavier than listed? Little worried about ordering a 34/25 only to find that the actual weight is over 26...

Oct 10, 2011
Anyone know if these -9 454s run true to weight or are they heavier than listed? Little worried about ordering a 34/25 only to find that the actual weight is over 26...

I've heard they weigh about 1/2 ounce heavy similar to the Mikens.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
DD got her new bat today, and had batting practice tonight. That bat is HOT. She went five long rounds of hitting and didn't want to stop. :) She has a tournament this weekend, so I will update this thread then. But for now, she loves the feel of it, no sting...and the pop is awesome.

Told ya so !!! :)
Glad its working out for her

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32