1st battle with DD/burnt out..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Well the DD and I got into our first actual argument today before I took her to practice, she was acting like a little xxxx to say the least ( its not like I haven't seen this coming) I asked her what was her problem, all I got was a dirty look and a snide remark back then I blew :) anyway long story short she's burnt out somewhat and she needs a break so im going to give her a solid 2 weeks off like I read in another post. We have been working like mad or I should say she has to reach a certain milestone and she's so close so ive been pushing HARD for her to achieve it. we never said a word to ea other on the way to practice which is another first, but on the way back home I was thinking to myself she's going to be there for 4hrs today and another 4 tomorrow and that's not including all the practice during the week plus working on her core and weight training, I guess this had to happen to get me to back off. and I really didn't think about my DD all I saw was progress and wanted more :) its not sprint right? its a marathon, just needed to be reminded of that!

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
... long story short she's burnt out somewhat and she needs a break so im going to give her a solid 2 weeks off ...

It happens. At the risk of making something out of nothing, it strikes me as odd that you say that you're giving her two weeks off. Might prefer to hear that she decided, or you suggested, or the two of you discussed and concluded. But I don't know the context. Maybe she made a commitment to you and you're granting her a release.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
I gotcha ...

DD and I have had our disagreements, but they don't occur very often now, as far as practicing because she's more mature and motivated at age 16.

As for the battles we occasionally had earlier, we remember them very differently. She's convinced I was always the bad guy. It pretty sure it was more 50/50. :)