14u team building

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
Our team does a sleepover once a year at the training facility we frequent. Several of the moms and coaches stay. The girls love it. There's no softball training. They have enough room to play kickball and do crafts and other activities. They're 14U and have been doing this since 10U.

Sep 6, 2009
State of Confusion
i've considered this but have hesitated to do in as i am a male coach and my team is mostly 11 year old girls. i wasn't sure how it'd go over with the parents. any negative feedback or things you've heard about sleepovers?

Umm, You would want a team mom or two to chaperone, and it def. not at your house, in a hotel somewhere. Really, make it an overnight road trip for some reason,(see a game) and the girls will have to depend on each other, which brings them much closer. For many its the first time in their life away from mommy and daddy, and their teammates become the surrogate.

Dec 19, 2009
I think it depends on the team. I'm fortunate that I've coached them since they were little. With that being said I wouldn't ever dream of doing a sleep over without a female chaparone. I usually hang out with them till about 10 or so then my wife takes over.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs