12U pitchers throwing 58-60 mph

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2016
I think in general young pitchers are not taught how to pitch fast these days. There is such a big push to learn so many pitches at such a young age that speed is sacrificed.

Oct 4, 2018
I think in general young pitchers are not taught how to pitch fast these days. There is such a big push to learn so many pitches at such a young age that speed is sacrificed.

If I had a dollar for every 12U pitcher that tells me she has 5+ pitches...

Well, I could buy a nice lunch.

Jun 8, 2016
Marcela faced an 08 kid from TX last Fall (she was guesting but her regular team was a TX Glory squad) who somebody on our team clocked sitting at 58-59 mph. I personally didn't think she threw that hard but I was sitting 300 ft away. Best 08's around here in OK probably sit mid 50's and might be able to get to upper 50's (in a game) once in a while. Then again the best 08 teams here in OK are not really competitive at the National level.

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
Marcela faced an 08 kid from TX last Fall (she was guesting but her regular team was a TX Glory squad) who somebody on our team clocked sitting at 58-59 mph. I personally didn't think she threw that hard but I was sitting 300 ft away. Best 08's around here in OK probably sit mid 50's and might be able to get to upper 50's (in a game) once in a while. Then again the best 08 teams here in OK are not really competitive at the National level.
Pattar, pretty sure I have seen her. Last summer we played a TG team from DFW area that came down to Houston to play a tournament we were in. We played against them 1 game. She was cruising at 58-59. A couple times she hit 60-61, but not consistent. The team we were on at that time wasn't the best hitting team, but we hit her a little. She was fast, but at that time just threw right down the middle. No movement and no off speed. If I remember correct, we still lost, but not by much.

Jun 8, 2016
Pattar, pretty sure I have seen her. Last summer we played a TG team from DFW area that came down to Houston to play a tournament we were in. We played against them 1 game. She was cruising at 58-59. A couple times she hit 60-61, but not consistent. The team we were on at that time wasn't the best hitting team, but we hit her a little. She was fast, but at that time just threw right down the middle. No movement and no off speed. If I remember correct, we still lost, but not by much.
TX Glory 2526? There are a bunch of second year Glory 12U teams from TX.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Looked back at old GC. It was TG 2526. No idea on the name, that was almost a year ago and I have CRS.
Yeah it was Abby. I went to the GC for the team she was guesting with to make sure. Not sure of the hierarchy of the Glory 2nd year teams. I think the 2526 might be in the middle somewhere. In terms of overall in TX, I could be wrong but I think the IG 2008 National team and one of the Hotshots teams might be at the top of the TX 2nd year 12U teams.

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
DD plays for Hotshots now, not the 08 Premier team, but we play them pretty regular. That team is legit good.

We tied them once in a pool game. I'm not much for moral victories, but will take that one.

We have been playing a lot of tournaments at that level this spring and the interesting thing is, while those team are crazy good, their pitchers are not blazing fast. They move the ball, hit spots, and change speed. More than anything, they will out hit you all day long and play consistent defense.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207