10U Drama

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
At that age I always had to have a dugout coach to manage everything you mentioned. Its a difficult job but without positive adult supervision the dugout can become a nasty place at any age.

Aug 26, 2015
I'd bring Bella, Alexa, and Lila (and a partridge in a pear tree) to a private meeting and get everyone to lay everything out. Clear expectations would have to come out of this meeting, too. The entire team would be told after the meeting as well to keep everyone accountable.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I'd bring Bella, Alexa, and Lila (and a partridge in a pear tree) to a private meeting and get everyone to lay everything out. Clear expectations would have to come out of this meeting, too. The entire team would be told after the meeting as well to keep everyone accountable.

With 10Us? Without their parents? Good luck with that...

Nov 8, 2014
Dude?..or woman.......!!!!! I totally appreciate your commitment to youth softball. But, come on. Quit being a psycho-analyst. Coach 'em up and leave the attitude issues for the parents. You need to teach 'em how to cover third on the steal and how to get an out at first. And when its over, go to 7-11 for Slurpees.

Mar 21, 2013
First off always always always have a coach on the bench, and a team mom close by. Especially at the younger ages. Contrary to popular belief kids can be very conniving, and believe it or not the problem children know when and where to do their deeds. Yes, even and 8 and 10 years old. Problem kids will be sure to do what they do when you are not watching. Which is most of the time if you have nobody monitoring the bench.

Secondly, having coached and been a commissioner at the 8U and 10U levels I have yet to come across a parent of a problem child who admitted their kid was a problem child. Hmm, probably why the kid was such a problem to begin with. If the parents don't take responsibility and make the kids be accountable the coach doesn't have a chance!

By the way, don't let the parents of the kids involved be the bench coaches or monitors to appease them. That will never work and is a very bad idea!

Oct 27, 2015
Dude?..or woman.......!!!!! I totally appreciate your commitment to youth softball. But, come on. Quit being a psycho-analyst. Coach 'em up and leave the attitude issues for the parents. You need to teach 'em how to cover third on the steal and how to get an out at first. And when its over, go to 7-11 for Slurpees.

I don't agree with this at all. Part of being a good coach is teaching values that work in the park and in life. That's one of my favourite things about sports is that there are many things that make you a good player that also make you a good person. To ignore an issue that could poison the team is just stupid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13