What shoes to wear for indoor pitching?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2019
What are your DDs wearing for indoor pitching? Specifically, what shoe would you recommend that can handle the abuse on the toe area?
I found some turf shoes, which could work, but was wondering if there are other options?

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
( not for pitching, for agility and catching manuevers)
Turf shoes sometimes arent as grippy as i prefer.
So i wear Saucony trail running shoes.
Grid Raptors.
Shoe's with All-Terrain performance!
Wear them on the field also!

May 9, 2019
( not for pitching, for agility and catching manuevers)
Turf shoes sometimes arent as grippy as i prefer.
So i wear Saucony trail running shoes.
Grid Raptors.
Shoe's with All-Terrain performance!
Wear them on the field also!

Yeah those look fine but I specifically for pitching is what I'm looking for. Like something that can withstand the constant toe drag. We've gone through so many pairs of regular sneakers it's not even funny.

May 23, 2015
What are your DDs wearing for indoor pitching? Specifically, what shoe would you recommend that can handle the abuse on the toe area?
I found some turf shoes, which could work, but was wondering if there are other options?
Alright heres a trick for pitchers or catchers shoes. Get 2 part epoxy, clean the heck out of the offending shoe and glue it up. Pay close attention to where the sole and upper join. I go 1/2" beyond and drag marks. Ive done it to over 30 years. Works perfectly and its cheap and lightweight

Don't believe it? Try it on some worn out shoes.

May 9, 2019
Alright heres a trick for pitchers or catchers shoes. Get 2 part epoxy, clean the heck out of the offending shoe and glue it up. Pay close attention to where the sole and upper join. I go 1/2" beyond and drag marks. Ive done it to over 30 years. Works perfectly and its cheap and lightweight

Don't believe it? Try it on some worn out shoes.

So you're leaving a coat of epoxy on the outside where the toe drags ? wouldn't the epoxy crack and break off eventually?

May 23, 2015
So you're leaving a coat of epoxy on the outside where the toe drags ? wouldn't the epoxy crack and break off eventually?
Yes right where it drags.. Catchers typically get it worse than pitchers. Its extremely resilient. I use permatex 84145, but try what you have laying around. If not you can buy it at some auto parts stores, home depots... i hate Amazon but they have it also. Just clean it well. Baseball players love the shiny stuff, so you have to scuff it with sandpaper.

I'm an internet guy. Try it on old shoes and let me know. Its not coming off

May 27, 2013
Yeah, dd has a pretty hard drag (much to my disliking) and her current pair are going on 3 years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles