What is a fast ball in FP?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
5dZXT.gif

I'M READY
popcorn_yes.gif

Last edited:

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
The young Canadian pitcher was going to come back when she was 13. She came down with Krohns disease, had a blood clot that went from her liver all the way down her right leg. She spent a year in a hopital bed, misdiagnosed for several months. Then she had to learn to walk all over again. When she was physically able, she went back out on the field and practiced her pitching, dressed up like a hockey goalie because of all the blood thinners she had to take. A broken nose could have killed her.

She had the heart of a lion and came back to pitch. She came back to see me about a year later. Her story made the news. She used those wind ups and it got her noticed by what is considered the best PC in Canada. The instructor picked her up at 16 and that is the first time the PC had EVER took on a student under 18 yo.

She got a full ride to a Canadian college. She still has that blood clot in her right leg. It prevented her from having a real strong push off and great speed. She had good speed and uised the tactics she learned REALLY well. She had a good college career, and an inspiring story to be very proud of.

I am honored to have had the priveledge of working with her.

Mostory1.jpg

Attachments

• Mostory2.jpg
    Mostory2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Jul 14, 2008
you would need a fire extinguisher if i wasn't at work on the worst keyboard I have ever been on in my life.

You could have the best keyboard in the world at work OR at home.........Without a "gibberish translator" built in to the hard drive it wouldn't matter.......

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Peel drop= thumb and pinky as an axis point...
Fast ball= middle finger and thumb as an axis...
Peel has a slightly earlier release point than a fb.
X, to be vague and generic, does that sum it up?

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Peel drop= thumb and pinky as an axis point...
Fast ball= middle finger and thumb as an axis...
Peel has a slightly earlier release point than a fb.
X, to be vague and generic, does that sum it up?

Hey Coach... Think he's busy with the 2012 World Championship I linked him to open for the Big Game tonight. ESPN 7:30 UT vs. Missouri

I liked your summary... with the exception of using the word Fastball... jk lol.

Whats your vague/generic description of the curve... ??? Thx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC