Wearing batting glove inside fielding glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
My DD is catching on a rec league team for fall ball. Only 8 games and she is using her fielder's glove. She asked if she should wear her batting glove for extra protection and I said "Try it." She did and likes it.

Now she asking if she should wear it that way when she returns to the infield. I couldn't think of a reason no to, so I didn't give her a recommendation.

Any ideas?

DD wears the XproteX Reaktor glove whenever she's on the field Catching and has recently started wearing it when in the field also. It has individual pads on every finger joint which helps with the sting from our faster pitchers. Another plus is it soaks up some of the sweat so her mitt doesn't reek like her fielding glove does.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
My DD always wears a batting glove under her catchers glove or fielding glove. By the end of the season it runs around like Hand from the Addams Family. One of these days I'll get around to emailing a batting glove company about buying left hand only gloves in bulk.

Assuming your DD throws RH, find a LH thrower and split pairs with them.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
My DD has never worn a batting glove inside her fielding glove, but I know other players that do. I think it is just personal preference and there is no right or wrong answer, just tell her to do what ever makes her comfortable.

Bonus for those that do choose to wear a glove - they never have to frantically scurry around the dugout like a chicken with its head cut off while looking for the glove when their turn to hit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55