Glove for an 8yr old player

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 14, 2019
Thank you guys! I will definitely look into these. I’ve never seen these before. Is there any value to paying for the break in service? Or is it easy enough that we can get it broken in properly over the winter?
They're nearly game ready as delivered. I'd strongly encourage you to have your DD switch to two in the pinky now if she isn't already.

My DD has been using a 12inch H-web Bradley since she was 8 (she's now 13). I'm ready to transition her to a Don Morton pro1000, but she loves her Bradley so much that I'm probably going to have to buy her another one for next season and start breaking in the pro1000 in stealth mode...

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
JMHO but I'd buy or find a good used glove that is 12" and let her begin with that. My dd started with a similar type of glove. Many of those new gloves are stiff and hard for little hands to close. Those old broken-in gloves kind of close on their own.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
JMHO but I'd buy or find a good used glove that is 12" and let her begin with that. My dd started with a similar type of glove. Many of those new gloves are stiff and hard for little hands to close. Those old broken-in gloves kind of close on their own.
The only problem is....who's hand has been in it before?

Big hand.
Fat hand.
Skinny hand with long fingers.
Broken in completely different than what this little girl likes....thumb to pinky, thumb to index, etc.

I get your point but that could be a tough call for a 8/9 year old.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles