tingling in the hand

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 16, 2015
Just curious if anyone has experienced this and am i missing something mechanical.

DD 2 is IR pitcher. Her last 2 pitching sessions her pitching hand just starts tingling. Today she was probably 40-50 pitches in when it started. SO we shut her down. She tells me her hand starts tingling, and it does cause some pain.

Anyone experience this?

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Just curious if anyone has experienced this and am i missing something mechanical.

DD 2 is IR pitcher. Her last 2 pitching sessions her pitching hand just starts tingling. Today she was probably 40-50 pitches in when it started. SO we shut her down. She tells me her hand starts tingling, and it does cause some pain.

Anyone experience this?
Does her forearm hit her hip pretty hard? There is a little pump-like thing in the foreman that returns the blood towards the heart.

Aug 20, 2017

Anyone experience this?
Where does it cause pain?

Nov 16, 2015
Does her forearm hit her hip pretty hard? There is a little pump-like thing in the foreman that returns the blood towards the heart.

I was wondering about her forearm. I was catching her today so didnt see anything. Too busy focusing on the ball :)

Jan 28, 2017
I posted about my daughter under Purple Hand. She was diagnosed with Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. Her clavicle was out of place that caused her issues and that is not TOS but tingling of the hand is classic TOS. You can PM

May 16, 2016
So, early March My 14u DD had pain in forearm, accompanied by tingling in fingers. Thread link is pasted below. The tingling and pain was on the pinky finger side of her forearm and hand. Went to Orthopedist, and after exam and Xrays, he determined it was caused by Overuse, and the swelling in the forearm, put pressure on the Unlar nerve, which caused the tingling in fingers. We took a couple of weeks off pitching, and it subsided... then the Covid 19 hit, and we never really got back up to same level of practice. We are still doing private lessons, and some pitching on our own, but not at the frequency we were prior to the injury.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2018
Hawk, curious. Does she extend her wrist when pitching? Meaning bring her hand away from her inner forearm. Lmk.
Back of hand and only on knuckle side is different than @Tango TOS issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00