Science fair project

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 4, 2009
5th grade science fair project. Considering doing it on some aspect of softball and looking for any ideas.

One idea I have for her is to research how spin of the ball affects its flight path. Any ideas you guys may have would be welcome.

Thanks

Sep 17, 2009
Sometimes younger grade science projects are less about proving some scientific fact than learning how to make a hypothesis and collect data in an experiment. If that's the approach, you can always do the old "who throws harder, boys vs. girls" or "is it easier to hit a target with strong hand or off-hand?"

May 8, 2012
NJ
we did one this year too...composite vs. aluminum. It was a little too cool for the composite when we did our testing, but was somewhat suprised by the results. Would like to do when it's 80 or so outside to see how much it changes the results

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
My DD did her 6th grade science fair project on the difference between aluminum and composite bats. Did all the research, made charts, etc... The most fun was when we went outside for the testing. She went with hitting like 20 balls off the tee and measuring the distance and getting an average, then repeating. I can't remember the results exactly. It was just a lot of fun to do.

Mar 25, 2011
Revolutions per/minute required to actually make a rise ball rise! Or does the pitch really exist? Both fun questions! Careful of the debate though!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish