End of an awesome ride as a softball dad

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 3, 2022
My final days as a softball parent are coming in early July when DD2’s final travel season ends.

Yesterday was her last high school game on her home field, Lower Woodland in Seattle, which was not only her high school’s field, but home to our little league and her club team’s tryouts and many practices. It didn’t really hit me when I was there, but after meeting up with DD1’s former coach I drove by it on my way home and the realization came to me. It’s an odd feeling.

She has high school playoffs starting next week and as mentioned before, travel after that, but I can’t believe I’ll never see her on our home field again.
Yeah. I imagine a lot of mixed feelings. Our home field was not in great shape for a few years. When my oldest graduated, I kept remembering her little league days when she picked flowers in the outfield. :)

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
An 17-year run ends for me this month. The younger may end up playing in some adult league and/or coaching a kids team, but she first needs to find a job! :rolleyes:

Mar 8, 2016
DD played her last regular season games yesterday. Only the conference tournament and NCAa tournament left.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd