Question to DFP

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I would stay out of it.

There is too much of a tendency these days to destroy the lives of kids who do anything wrong at all. Regardless of the fact that the kids' brains are not completely developed. Regardless the f the fact that part of being young is to experiment even if it crosses an arbitrary boundary set by lawmakers.

I would not add to the girl's problems unless I had a very good reason to do so.

ConorMacleod

Practice Like You Play
Jul 30, 2012
If there is ever a minor involved, stay away from it. Even if the minor was charged by the Police and went to court, those records would be sealed. In other words, it is NOT a matter of record. Her parents may decide suing you is the best way to handle any "rumors" you may spread. Even if you were her high school coach, do NOT speak of this to anybody else.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
If there is ever a minor involved, stay away from it. Even if the minor was charged by the Police and went to court, those records would be sealed. In other words, it is NOT a matter of record. Her parents may decide suing you is the best way to handle any "rumors" you may spread. Even if you were her high school coach, do NOT speak of this to anybody else.

This may be true up to the point 60 seconds after getting suspended she makes a post on social media. :)

Apr 11, 2012
won't a 21 day suspension force a HS student to take another semester? Maybe it was a ISS....but for OSS, most schools around here say if you miss 10 days in one semester, you have to take it over....so typically for drugs and/or fighting you get a 11 day suspension and going to HS a little longer if you want to graduate....of course some kids could care less and don't expect to finish anyway....

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
won't a 21 day suspension force a HS student to take another semester? Maybe it was a ISS....but for OSS, most schools around here say if you miss 10 days in one semester, you have to take it over....so typically for drugs and/or fighting you get a 11 day suspension and going to HS a little longer if you want to graduate....of course some kids could care less and don't expect to finish anyway....

The suspension was for athletics, not for school attendance. Student cannot practice or perform in contests for 21 days.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
If they were smart the family would tell the TB coach themselves. Much better to hear it directly and not through the grapevine. As a TB coach I would consider this an issue between the player, her parents and the school and it would not effect her status on my TB team.

Interesting, I'm curious, same situation, but, what if the player was caught with pot/cocaine/whatever illegal drugs. Would that effect status on your TB team?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd