Opposite or same direction?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

R

RayR

FFS asked about which fingers provide the pressure in another thread.

It is definitely the middle and ring fingers that provide the grip pressure. If all the fingers are providing pressure - IMO this locks up the wrists too much.

When I apply pressure my index finger on my top hand and pinkie finger on the bottom hand are barely on the handle.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Pulling the hands apart is a SE drill that assisted in staying connected. This approach helps maintain a tight hand pivot point.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Pulling the hands apart is a SE drill that assisted in staying connected. This approach helps maintain a tight hand pivot point.

At what point in the swing is this done in the SE drill? Would it represent at "swing initiation"? Would it be accomplished with the barrel above the swing plane ... and if so, would this action assist in giving the barrel 'life' (i.e., momentum) while bringing the barrel on plane?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
At what point in the swing is this done in the SE drill? Would it represent at "swing initiation"? Would it be accomplished with the barrel above the swing plane ... and if so, would this action assist in giving the barrel 'life' (i.e., momentum) while bringing the barrel on plane?

The way I understand it is when in your stance during the pitch your hands are pulling apart trying to maintain a pivot point at the rear shoulder. While maintaining this position the hands are slaved to the move which creates the stretch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG