Miss 8U

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Players are growing up so fast. When I think about 8U, I smile, when I think about 12U I get annoyed.

DD will sit and watch 8U games with me, lot of fun.

Jul 17, 2008
Southern California
Hopefully softball will be a light in your life. The one thing that will bring you together when your DD is no longer interested in anything else that you are interested in.

Feb 3, 2011
Hahaha! For us, it's the pleasant memories of t-ball, not 8u.

I was at park yesterday and the 12u situation is pretty rough out here....much like 8u, only with bigger girls and open home plate. On the one hand, it's great to see so many girls trying softball for the 1st time at 12u, but on the other, it's tough on the coaches and the more experienced - good but not great - players.

Great video!

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
I miss it already and we will not wrap up 8U until July. I'm loving the fact it's something she wants to do with Dad. I was geeting ready to take my Sunday afternoon nap today to get ready for work tonight and I noticed something slide under the door. It was a note followed by a pen. It said "Will you throw and pitch with me" and had the little boxes to check yes or no. I checked yes of course and slid it back under the door while I grabbed my shoes. It came back with thank you, x's and o's and an I love you on the back.

I came to work at 9 and will not get off until after 8 in the morning so I feel kinda rough right now but it was worth every second.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
I miss 14U.

Below 14U parents think they know everything and make sitting in the stands nearly unbearable.
Above 14U (at least for us) is very stressful as a parent of an athlete looking for college money.

At 14U the stupid parents still exist but are less common, the play is fast, the pitching is good, the hitting is good, umpires are a tiny bit better and coaching is usually a little bit better

Axe

Jul 7, 2011
Atlanta
You people just need more daughters! I'm on my 5th consecutive year of 8U and have at least 3 more in front of me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hasmith987