Intentionally hitting a girl?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Where I grew up, "showboating" was justification for an "ear hole" pitch in your next at bat......just sayin'

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Getting hit by a pitch that got away is just part of the game. It was posted on another thread last week where someone said " its the pitchers job to pitch and the batters job to get out of the way" However, as a coach and a dad of a pitcher I WILL NEVER ADVOCATE HITTING A BATTER INTENTIONALLY!!! and GOD help the guy that I overhear telling his pitcher to intentionally hit my one of my players, because his rear would be mine on the spot.

Dec 11, 2010
Not too into the idea of intentionally hitting batters.

If you are into it, be careful who you do it to. Not everyone is intimidated by it and you cant tell by looking at the kid who will be. DD, 10, was brushed back by a local pitcher after she hit a good shot during first at bat of game. Pretty sure it was intentional. Pretty sure DD figured it out and pretty sure it pi$$ed her off, next fastball came screaming back at the pitcher who jumped out of the way. Ball glanced off her ankle into cf. did dd do this intentionally? I don't know but she hit to rf all day prior against slower pitching....

Jun 24, 2009
Getting hit by a pitch that got away is just part of the game. It was posted on another thread last week where someone said " its the pitchers job to pitch and the batters job to get out of the way" However, as a coach and a dad of a pitcher I WILL NEVER ADVOCATE HITTING A BATTER INTENTIONALLY!!! and GOD help the guy that I overhear telling his pitcher to intentionally hit my one of my players, because his rear would be mine on the spot.

"It's the pitchers job to pitch and the batters job to get out of the way" was posted by me.It was when my DD was young and scared she might hit someone. As the dad of a pitcher that gets nailed in the side or back way too often because of whatever reason,I would never advocate a pitcher intentionally throwing at a batter, but it sure happens.

Feb 14, 2013
I have 2 daughters that pitch, & no matter the circumstances we do not condone them purposefully hitting another player eiher by calling a pitch for that purpose or knowing they made the call on their own. We have discussed this as a family & they know its not allowed. We are all vey aware accidents happen, and batters are going to get hit by an inside pitch from time to time, but I can't imagine ever being okay with injuring someone on purpose or allowing my child to do so.

To me it's like telling them as long as no one knows you did it on purpose its okay or like pushing someone down on purpose when you "accidentally" trip in the hall. No one can prove it wasnt an accident, but you know, & to me, this reflects on one's character.

I am not placing judgememt on anyone this is simply how our family feels :)

Feb 14, 2013
AGREED 150%!!!

I also feel this is an open and shut case. Children should be taught self control & expected to use it in softball same as we expect them to in real life.

Feb 14, 2013
No one is arguing that it happens, but when I read your reply here it seems to say intentionally hitting a batter is okay because people do it (in college and such).

My question to you would be does that mean its okay to cheat or lie or steal or worse.....because people do it all the time?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes