How much support for a Like & Dislike button on here?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
35px-BulbgraphOnOff.gifThen we have to decipher whether it was a 3-0 ball or a 0-2 ball. :/

Let's save the like and dislikes for the local newspaper forums. We have a "THANKS" button.

There are lots of other ways of showing Thanks for people responding to you questions :{))

EP: I have the most thankz 561.... I think I'm doing something wrong. Plus I want to say "no thanks" too, and do it fast so I can move to the things I'm interested in... Thank You!

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Be careful what you wish for. ;)

Seriously Im not sure that's a great idea. If I enjoy/learn from a post I hit thanks. If its just an average or thread I dislike or disagree, it's only known to me. No need in belittling posts or members.

That's one thing I enjoy on this forum, the mud slinging is at a minimal. It keeps personal attacks low and useful information at a steady even pace.

If I could change one thing on here it would be more smiley options. Animated smiley options. I'm on another forum for mud bogging, boys and their toys. They have 100 good animated smileys options, that cover a large amount of "emotions" or funny punch "lines" for making a post lighter in context.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
If I could change one thing on here it would be more smiley options. Animated smiley options. I'm on another forum for mud bogging, boys and their toys. They have 100 good animated smileys options, that cover a large amount of "emotions" or funny punch "lines" for making a post lighter in context.

I like that!!! Kinda the same thing I'm looking for..."Spot & Speed" I'm getting too fast typing, but not hitting my corners... I could go that too.... Animation emotional_emoticons_Icons_34.jpg

Last edited:
May 25, 2010
I joined this forum over 2 years ago. During that time, this forum has been integral in my transformation as a softball parent.

At some point, because of the amount of time I was spending here getting to know some of the posters, I requested the creation of a separate 'general topics' board where members who enjoyed chatting with one another could discuss things unrelated to softball. Each of the board's admins was adamantly opposed to the proposal and stated their reasons why. You see, they'd all been a part of past forums which died or went haywire when they lost their focus on fastpitch softball.

By keeping the focus on fastpitch, the forum continues to provide exactly what most of us come here for. I can't speak for everyone, but I like the fact that DFP is NOT Facebook.

I don't know if you ever joined heybucket.com, but it's my humble opinion that you'd be welcomed with very open arms there, as they're always on the lookout for the next live wire. I say that with all sincerity and kindness.

All that being said, I will say that I like and appreciate DFP for what it is and although forum communities do evolve over time, I believe keeping true to the mission is what has made this site such a terrific resource for so many of us.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I joined this forum over 2 years ago. During that time, this forum has been integral in my transformation as a softball parent.

At some point, because of the amount of time I was spending here getting to know some of the posters, I requested the creation of a separate 'general topics' board where members who enjoyed chatting with one another could discuss things unrelated to softball. Each of the board's admins was adamantly opposed to the proposal and stated their reasons why. You see, they'd all been a part of past forums which died or went haywire when they lost their focus on fastpitch softball.

By keeping the focus on fastpitch, the forum continues to provide exactly what most of us come here for. I can't speak for everyone, but I like the fact that DFP is NOT Facebook.

I don't know if you ever joined heybucket.com, but it's my humble opinion that you'd be welcomed with very open arms there, as they're always on the lookout for the next live wire. I say that with all sincerity and kindness.

All that being said, I will say that I like and appreciate DFP for what it is and although forum communities do evolve over time, I believe keeping true to the mission is what has made this site such a terrific resource for so many of us.

Thank You.... I've never been to heybucket... I promise I'll check it out, Today !!!

EP: Just checked it out.... I like it! I'll start heading that way soon, thanks again for the tip!

Liked being referred to as a Live Wire... got the makings of a new screen name... :{))

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd