Florida suspends 3 players.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Rumor is that they were texting some really bad stuff.
It cost Florida the game. Two of the girls are sisters.

It also sounds like someone got hit and campus police involved.

Coach Walton clearly doesn't want the details coming out, but I think he is likely fighting a losing battle there. Details are starting to become public already.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Found this by performing a google search ......

The two Fagan sisters and Cheyenne Coyle were sending messages amongst themselves and members of the Team North Florida travel ball team on Facebook and Twitter that were racist in nature and very hurtful to some of the African American members of the team.

When confronted, one of the Fagan sisters physically hit the girl who threatened to tell Walton and the campus police were involved at this point. Half of the team refused to play with the three girls and so Walton had no choice but to let them go. I have heard this from a Florida parent via private messaging.

Jul 26, 2010
Ug.

Shortstop Cheyenne Coyle, third baseman Sami Fagan and left fielder Kasey Fagan were no longer with the team after being released by head coach Tim Walton, according to Kevin Fagan, a Dunnellon High School football assistant and the father of Sami Fagan and Kasey Fagan.

"My two girls and Cheyenne Coyle have been released from the team," said Fagan, a former defensive lineman with the University of Miami and the San Francisco 49ers. "They're free to go anywhere they want. We've already got several calls from teams that are interested."

Fagan said the release stemmed from "an altercation on the team."

"The team sort of divided and Walton felt like it was in his best interest to get rid of those three," he said.

After Florida lost 2-1 to Florida Gulf Coast on Friday, Walton said the three players were "suspended indefinitely until the end of the season."

But Kevin Fagan left little wiggle room when asked if the events this week marked the end of his daughters' relationship with the program.

"I've scheduled an appointment with the athletic director, but yes, they're done there," he said. "They won't play there anymore."

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
"They're free to go anywhere they want. We've already got several calls from teams that are interested."

Well, don't know how true that is. Guess that would depend on whether they were actually cut or suspended. Then again, are there coaches out there that truly believe they can rehab the situation to the point it wouldn't affect the player's presently on that team?

Jul 26, 2010
Well, don't know how true that is. Guess that would depend on whether they were actually cut or suspended. Then again, are there coaches out there that truly believe they can rehab the situation to the point it wouldn't affect the player's presently on that team?

Or it's just another daddy spouting all kinds of nonsense about how great his kids are, despite the obvious evidence that he failed as a parent.

-W

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Why would other coaches contact the family, when they wouldn't even know what the incident was about. Apparently, it was serious. How bad would you want trouble makers on your team?