FFS and others please give feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

T

theaddition

iliwlv.gif

wuqe5d.gif

I am curious as to why you posted this. What am I missing?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I chubby guy exercising? I posted as a simple exercise for a girl and father too maybe learn how to coil. A starting point. I understand and have read all that maybe, possible, wrong with this example. I post gifs alot because I myself am a visual learner. It maybe an AHA moment for the dad maybe not? Let me know what I maybe missing?

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Start with the bottom half and work up. Many things to fix. Think in terms of how she would throw a softball . I bet her bottom 1/2 wouldn't look like the above example. Weight shift, coil , along with a few other things need to be fixed first and understanding them before you work your way up. rdbass posted a good video to watch. Just understand what above is style. Watch the bottom 1/2 for now.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
2816f7b.gif

2cfuuc1.gif

Top gif is before: see rear leg. Notice crack in pavement. Spinning.
Bottom gif is after: see rear leg with box obstacle.
http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-hitting-technical/5961-thoughts-daughters-swing-5.html

rebass - Just wanted to say congrats on making positive changes w/ your daughter's swing, especially with her being so young. I know it's not finished, but I don't think those who bring this about get enough credit. Lot of things have to come together for this to happen, including a daughter who is motivated and willing to let dad do the instruction. :)

Looks to me like she's using her back leg, hip correctly. If someone disagrees, I'd like to hear more. I think she might be loading too far back onto her rear leg (knee not staying inside the ankle?). Just a thought. She's well ahead of my DD is stretch & fire, which I'm trying to teach her this winter. I say good job.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2009
http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-hitting-technical/5027-megan-1-tee.html
I always point this post out because there's alot of good info. Throw a powerline down. Looks like your DD steps in the bucket to open her hips. Spins the rear foot. Build from the bottom up. Like FFS stated looks like some type of extension drill. Good news you have a good base from what to build from. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Thanks for posting this thread! FFS explained the coil in a way I hope my daughter can comprehend. I totally understand it now so that should help me explain it to her. I am definitely going to have her read it and watch some of the clips.

Oct 10, 2011
Start with the bottom half and work up. Many things to fix. Think in terms of how she would throw a softball . I bet her bottom 1/2 wouldn't look like the above example. Weight shift, coil , along with a few other things need to be fixed first and understanding them before you work your way up. rdbass posted a good video to watch. Just understand what above is style. Watch the bottom 1/2 for now.
This was a huge "Aha" moment for my DD who was a "bug squisher." We just started throwing and then I told her to pay attention to what her lower half was doing. We then moved back and forth from throwing to hitting. She's still does it every once in awhile though for some reason.

Mar 12, 2009

Will do! I've said it a million times..."it's just like throwing" but I've never explained it. To be honest I didn't know how but I'm learning!

T

theaddition

I chubby guy exercising? I posted as a simple exercise for a girl and father too maybe learn how to coil. A starting point. I understand and have read all that maybe, possible, wrong with this example. I post gifs alot because I myself am a visual learner. It maybe an AHA moment for the dad maybe not? Let me know what I maybe missing?

Oh. I see. Here I was preparing to go out and buy a 3 pack of tank tops and a club and then prowl in the night.:cool:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes