FFS and others please give feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 12, 2009
I'm sure my daughter needs to work on a lot of the things I've been reading about on other posts but I would appreciate it if you guys could give me some feedback. I just had her swing through extension.

FFS,
Can you work your magic and slow this down? I've tried to upload the video/URL under "manage attachment" but I'm doing somethin wrong so I've pasted the URL so hopefully you can view it.

Practice Video - YouTube

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
No clue when it comes to hitting, but it seems like she's pushing the bat into the ball rather than throwing the barrel at it. Seems like she's starting too far forward and making contact too early. Also, maybe the hands aren't stretching back enough? The timing of the hands/feet seem off to me. Seems like she is starting to drive the hands before she plants. If hitting is anything like pitching, I'd think you'd want to swing against the plant. Am I close?

Gotta add--she doesn't look like she really loading anything--just rocking back a little and not really building up any energy from the body to transfer to the plant foot and bat.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
2v3kh7t.gif

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
A few quick observations ...

Looks like she's performing some sort of drill. The swing should be one smooth motion ... perhaps she's working on achieving extension here???

In any event, the sequence needs help. She's all-back and all-fwd. No coil. Poor use of the rear leg ... which she spins with.

What is this a drill and what is she trying to realize? Do you have a swing clip that might be more representative of her normal swing?

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
*Backing slowly towards the door, then down the hall back to the pitching forum...*

That's funny right there.

DD was reading the "bat drag" thread over the weekend, she asked "what is all this medical terminology"? I told her "have no idea, think its a fancy way of saying......see ball, hit ball, get on base". DD, "why do they make it so complicated"? Me, "that's a man, kiddo, you'll understand one day". :)

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I feel like I have a pretty decent understanding of the basic pitching motion, but hitting... Hoping someday that the words and wisdom of FFS et alia will make sense to me.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
Good job posting this vid drc. It will make all the difference to her when it's all said and done. Her hands and upper body look great imo. Once ffs shows you how to fix her lower half(load,coil,SnF) this girl is going to have a GREAT swing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06