FFS and others please give feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
iliwlv.gif

wuqe5d.gif

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
While we see extension taking place in this particular swing/drill … there is a ‘potential’ issue relative to the lead arm/wrist/hand … and it is possible that this extension is more ‘forced’ than ‘realized’. What we see is the bottom hand wrist behaving in a restrictive manner that often accompanies chicken-wing like mechanics. It would help to have a normal/complete swing to view.

Mar 12, 2009
Thanks for the replies guys. For some reason I'm not getting emails to let me know someone has replied. I had just loaded her up with a lot of info and you can probably tell by her body motion she is thinking too much. I always thought she did decent with the back leg but after watching other video's and your input I realized she is just spinning the back leg or "squishing the bug" I tried to show her the Elvis move right before this video and she basically started leaping forward so I will have to try something else or maybe she just needs more time with it. I can also see she is not coiling her hips. I will video a full swing so please post video's of drills for her to work on. She actually does pitch and most of our time is spent working on that but she would like to be a more complete player.

Mar 12, 2009
A few quick observations ...

Looks like she's performing some sort of drill. The swing should be one smooth motion ... perhaps she's working on achieving extension here???

In any event, the sequence needs help. She's all-back and all-fwd. No coil. Poor use of the rear leg ... which she spins with.

What is this a drill and what is she trying to realize? Do you have a swing clip that might be more representative of her normal swing?

Yes, we were working on extension prior to the video and for some reason that's what I told her to do.

Jan 25, 2011
Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes